[SOLVED] Best graphics card for my budget build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Hope your all doing well, to get straight into it my pc build is this right below basically case a bit different but im thinking between 4060 or 4070 or ti version what would you guys recommend alot of my games arent able to be that playable aswell as they can be. any response is very helpful p.s my budget is around 550 or lower tthanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
$208.99
amazon-prime.png
$208.99Buy
CPU Cooler Choose A CPU Cooler
MotherboardAsus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II ATX AM4 MotherboardAsus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II ATX AM4 Motherboard$162.00
amazon-prime.png
$162.00Buy
Memory Choose Memory
Storage Choose Storage
Video CardMSI GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GT OC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video CardMSI GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GT OC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video CardNo PricesAvailableBuy
Add Another Video Card
CaseFractal Design Define 7 XL ATX Full Tower CaseFractal Design Define 7 XL ATX Full Tower Case$224.99FREE$224.99Buy
Power Supply Choose A Power Supply

Solution
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800

According to this, a 650 watt psu is required for an rx 6800.

If you mean this power supply, it sounds like you should be good to go

According to pc cultists tier list, that psu is a tier A unit which is one of the best you can get. I’ve got an 850 watt rmx unit that I’m pretty happy with. Someone else might be able to tell you more about the rme vs rmx units. But it sounds to me like it would be good to go.

As far as the rx 6800, performance wise it looks like it’s around a 3070 level maybe a bit faster. I’d say if a 6750xt or...

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
If I recall(I’ve got the Corsair rmx 850), it has 2 gpu power cables that each have two 6+2 connectors. So the 6+2 can be plugged in as an 8 pin. Use both cables, and you’ll need to just use both sets of plugs on one of the cables.
Perfect I did that but I'm struggling with the motherboard positive and negative power button h3ader

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800

According to this, a 650 watt psu is required for an rx 6800.

If you mean this power supply, it sounds like you should be good to go

According to pc cultists tier list, that psu is a tier A unit which is one of the best you can get. I’ve got an 850 watt rmx unit that I’m pretty happy with. Someone else might be able to tell you more about the rme vs rmx units. But it sounds to me like it would be good to go.

As far as the rx 6800, performance wise it looks like it’s around a 3070 level maybe a bit faster. I’d say if a 6750xt or 6700xt can keep up with a 4060ti 8gb, I’d say the 6800 should beat it. The 4060ti 16gb may be slightly faster that the 8gb card but I think you’d be on par with it or beating it. The exception would be ray tracing where nvidia would have an advantage for sure. But in terms of bang for the buck value the amd card is a good value.

Found a review on it from 2020 but gives you an idea.

However if you are looking at used I did come across this card…

Within a few dollars but faster card. With used cards though keep in mind you don’t get the warranty but I think that eBay has a 30 day money back guarantee. So if you go that route, I’d run the daylights out of the card when you get it to make sure it’s in good working order before that time.

Looks like amd says a minimum of 750 watts for the 6800xt so it should be fine, but may not be a bad idea to bump up to the 850 watt psu for extra headroom if it’s not much more if you opt for the 6800xt. Just a personal preference so you aren’t bumping right up against the limit.
what do you think of my scores?? https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=1097040 everything seems to be running smooth idk what else to test with

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
If I recall(I’ve got the Corsair rmx 850), it has 2 gpu power cables that each have two 6+2 connectors. So the 6+2 can be plugged in as an 8 pin. Use both cables, and you’ll need to just use both sets of plugs on one of the cables.
Hello sorry to bother again I fid everything correctly and all I'm enjoying the pc really am but when I start thr pc on I hear and unpleasant small but quick sounds from the gpu but fades away quickly is this an issue? Did I maybe not push in the gpu correctly sll the way???

Double check that you did seat everything fully. Some cards do what they call coil whine from what I’ve seen on here. What kind of noises are you experiencing? If it’s coil whine I think that happens sometimes on new cards as well. Might check to see if the fans on the cards are running when it happens also.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello sorry to bother again I fid everything correctly and all I'm enjoying the pc really am but when I start thr pc on I hear and unpleasant small but quick sounds from the gpu but fades away quickly is this an issue? Did I maybe not push in the gpu correctly sll the way???
That is probably the fans spinning up then turning off when the PC is booted since no load is on the card.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Double check that you did seat everything fully. Some cards do what they call coil whine from what I’ve seen on here. What kind of noises are you experiencing? If it’s coil whine I think that happens sometimes on new cards as well. Might check to see if the fans on the cards are running when it happens also.
yes all fans are running so i think its jst a case of what you said coil whine hopefully doesnt cause issues in the future god bless!!!

TRENDING THREADS