Best Graphics Cards for the Money (Archive)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tytee

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I'm likely in the minority, but I hate the new format for this article. "Best for the money" should be by price category. This used to be useful when you were on a budget and you needed to know what you could get. Now it's really only helpful if you have an unlimited budget but you know your resolution. So, never.

I agree with you. But why not have the best of both worlds. Why not have an option to show results either by price or by resolution. Only a little more work no ?

PCGUIDE

Reputable
May 20, 2016

Personally I'd like to disagree with the posted "playable UHD" chosen GTX 980ti. The GTX 1070 (released recently) is both cheaper and offers more proven performance than any graphics card in the Nvidia Maxwell architecture. Nvidia Pascal rules the throne of graphics.

PCGUIDE

Reputable
May 20, 2016

If you wan't the best bang for your buck either buy a gtx 1070 or go to pc partpicker and choose the price range.

From what I'm seeing so far 1070 is pretty much even with a 980Ti, few fps difference stock vs stock @4K overall http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/NzfETwRPk9S37zTVWco9Ga-650-80.png. 1070 I have @1440p and 1080p seems to generally deliver equivalent performance to one of my 980Tis.

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
The new "Best Graphics Cards" (= cr*p) is completely empty now.
Tom's Hardware so does not offend his readers that he decided to do as politicians.
Talked to say nothing and make things more obscure than ever. And do not criticize. It is important not that people think.

Before ("Best Graphics Cards for the Money" - 2015 and earlier) things were simple and could tell at a glance which graphics cards were the best in its class.

Now it is simply impossible.

Fortunately, there are other websites that discuss material with clarity and without fear of the opinions of others.

We bet Tom's Hardware will do the same for these items (CPU, etc.) and not to please everyone all of these items will be empty in substances. This will be only words that will mean nothing and above all there will be no criticism.

As for criticism must have large and it is clear now that Tom's Hardware is a eunuch.

That's at least 15 years that I go on the site Tom's Hardware and as the years pass more Tom's Hardware is poor.

This is unfortunate but probably Tom's Hardware now receives much money companies to tell only the good.

The policy is that of the crap we have further evidence here with this site. Empty of substance, but millions of words that mean nothing.

If Tom's Hardware still exists in 50 years we will see that blank pages. In short it will be a policy site and not a site where there used to criticism on computer hardware.

If you want to have the actual information on the hardware better look elsewhere now.
For example:
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing-components/graphics-cards/best-graphics-cards-1291458

PS
This message will be destroyed within 5 seconds since Tom'S Hardware does not like criticism and even less like to do now.

yippy3000

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Seriously, is this ever going to be updated? When things changed less they were updating it monthly and now that there are tons of changes that readers NEED to know about, nothing for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.