News Best July 4th Sales and Deals 2023

Gene43

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2016
I have been watching the 6700xt video cards for the past few week, they were as low as 309 as of Friday, and now the cheapest is 339.
I bought my son a 6700xt for his B-day, and paid 329, and today the same card is 409.
It appears they jack up the prices, then slap on some sort of a BS discount, and call it a sale.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah i have also been watching the same cards 6700 and 6750's. looking to get another one. i noted the same thing you have.

wonder if they'll actually go on sale next week or just back to $309 again. not really any competition from new gen AMD so not so sure they have any incentive to drop it any further. the 7600 is not worth it and there is no 7700 yet....

Reactions: Truckinupga

rabbit4me2

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 20, 2018
This 4th of July kicks off the summer sales events with some of the best deals on laptops, graphics cards, CPUs, and more tech.

Best July 4th Sales and Deals 2023 : Read more
If you think that the cell ad it's pretty sad I know that the sponsors are paying y'all to promote these ads to people. It said when you're biased like that the sales ads bro. What sad is you're getting paid for this. I don't know maybe you get paid by responses?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
none of those are good deals. they jacked the prices back up for prime days next week. these "sale" prices are higher than they have been the last few weeks in general.

if you're looking to buy wait for next week when you may find an actual deal. maybe...

A trick I like to use with Amazon, in particular, is to put things into my cart, then 'save for later'. You can track prices of the items that way pretty readily.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
that def works. done that many times myself. newegg has it's wishlist that does pretty much the same thing.

I really would love to see another retailer use a similarly effective search and filter function as Newegg. They are a great site to shop for hardware, but have sadly come to find that their pricing is not competitive on many items. Just as with Amazon, you also have to be really careful who is fulfilling the order. My experience with third party sellers has been pretty terrible over the last year or so.

I really would love to see another retailer use a similarly effective search and filter function as Newegg. They are a great site to shop for hardware, but have sadly come to find that their pricing is not competitive on many items. Just as with Amazon, you also have to be really careful who is fulfilling the order. My experience with third party sellers has been pretty terrible over the last year or so.

Unfortunately.........Amazon's sort/filter function is terrible.

A search for something like "Z790" might show you a bunch of "B550".

Additionally, a particular "Z790" motherboard may in fact be on Amazon, but it will NOT be shown in the hits for your "Z790" search.

Newegg's search capability is quite good. Don't know if Amazon is hampered by the sheer number of items for sale....or a lack of talent in search design personnel.

Jun 9, 2023
While these deals do suck, technically they are the best for the 4th of July, so they are not lying, just being a bit disingenuous to get the affiliate link clicks.

All the combo deals I have been tracking at Newegg the last couple of weeks mysteriously vanished today. As did everything in my shopping cart. The only actual deal I noted was the RX 6700XT, which is out of stock already.

Amazon's problem is greed. Their search engine is so abysmal I just won't shop there at all. They are too interested in shoving an upsell for crap you are not looking for they don't let what you are looking for ever see the light of day. The single most important feature of a search engine is what it can exclude, and the Amazon search just plain does not work.

I hope AI can help by acting as an automated search tool for regular people, before it enslaves us all.

Amdlova

Distinguished
Its a mess search anything... Google Amazon ...
I hate the ms browser... but now with all spam you can get you can save a penny with the ia of bing. Find new shops and new discounts lol.