[SOLVED] Best Keyboard for programming

May 12, 2021
I'm looking for a new keyboard that I can for prolonged periods of time. I'm a developer so I need something that'll be both comfortable and will work with my carpal tunnel. Currently using cherry mx red and the keyboard is kinda high for me.

Requirements:
  1. 100~120 USD at most
  2. Lightweight
  3. Ten key less
  4. low profile
  5. mechanical in nature is a plus
Some of my colleagues suggested Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard, but I was looking for something lite and small so that I can carry it with me if needed

Solution
Most mechanical keyboards would be taller, there are some low profile mechanical setups out there, which are not too bad.
If the issue you have is with comfort, then then you would want something with lighter key press maybe, something like a MX Silent Red or Kalih Silver switches.
I use a smaller wrist rest with my keyboards, helps a lot with comfort and short enough to carry https://rog.asus.com/us/keyboards/accessories/rog-gaming-wrist-rest-model/

Lutfij

Titan
Keychron C1? HyperX Alloy origins 60? I think you need a worst wrest made with memory foam to counter the issues with your wrists. Either that or you need to work with a larger keyboard, not something that's squashed. Please also make sure that your wrists are resting comfortably on your desk surface following ergonomics, to avoid stress on your hands, fingers and wrists.

If you live in a non-english country, you may want to use a English keyboard.

When dealing with code on a localized keyboard, I'm not very pleased by having to hold AltGr+8/9 for square brackets, AltGr+7/0 for curly brackets and also in many cases not being able to use the comma (dot) caracter on numeric keyboard because comma is the local decimal separator while interpretor/compiler require the dot symbol.

May 12, 2021
If you live in a non-english country, you may want to use a English keyboard.

When dealing with code on a localized keyboard, I'm not very pleased by having to hold AltGr+8/9 for square brackets, AltGr+7/0 for curly brackets and also in many cases not being able to use the comma (dot) caracter on numeric keyboard because comma is the local decimal separator while interpretor/compiler require the dot symbol.
I have Logitech MX keys advanced in mind or maybe keychron k3

Most mechanical keyboards would be taller, there are some low profile mechanical setups out there, which are not too bad.
If the issue you have is with comfort, then then you would want something with lighter key press maybe, something like a MX Silent Red or Kalih Silver switches.
I use a smaller wrist rest with my keyboards, helps a lot with comfort and short enough to carry https://rog.asus.com/us/keyboards/accessories/rog-gaming-wrist-rest-model/

Solution