[SOLVED] best memory for my system?

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
hey there i'm building new system with ryzen 3600 / Asus B450 Strix mobo / 2070 SUPER

I can get those ram kits for the same price:
G.skill Ripjaw F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (kit 3200mhz 16 CAS)
Kingston Hyper X fury HX432C16FB3K2/16 (kit 3200mhz 16 CAS)

same price. same speed. but which more reliable for the next 5-6 years?

Solution
HERE is the list of supported memory according to ASUS. (auto download link) I would buy a set off that list to avoid the problems that I see all over the forums.

You can also go to G.Skill and Kingston memory support to see if additional models are supported according to them. I would not buy memory for an AMD system that is not on at least one manufacturer QVL (motherboard or memory).

Memory and motherboard makers only guarantee their product for specific uses and only in kits, not buying several of the same model and hoping they work together, although they might work -- but there is no help from them in that case.

RealBeast

Titan
hey there i'm building new system with ryzen 3600 / Asus B450 Strix mobo / 2070 SUPER

I can get those ram kits for the same price:
G.skill Ripjaw F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (kit 3200mhz 16 CAS)
Kingston Hyper X fury HX432C16FB3K2/16 (kit 3200mhz 16 CAS)

same price. same speed. but which more reliable for the next 5-6 years?
While both are reliable, I would check your motherboard QVL before making a decision.

RealBeast

Titan
I saw that the hyper x are Hynix based chip and G.Skill are Samsung based. what is the difference? which is better?

I can also get the CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 (corsair kit) for the same price. but this specific model isn't on the list you linked
Both are fine, I generally buy G.Skill, but before buying any memory I insure that the specific memory model is either on the motherboard maker QVL or the memory manufacturer page on the specific model shows that it is supported on your motherboard.

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
Both are fine, I generally buy G.Skill, but before buying any memory I insure that the specific memory model is either on the motherboard maker QVL or the memory manufacturer page on the specific model shows that it is supported on your motherboard.
Can you help me with that?
this is the exact model of the mobo -
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

you think that the corsair kit I mentioned won't be good to my system?
this specific kit isn't on the list of the QVL list you linked

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
HERE is the list of supported memory according to ASUS. (auto download link) I would buy a set off that list to avoid the problems that I see all over the forums.

You can also go to G.Skill and Kingston memory support to see if additional models are supported according to them. I would not buy memory for an AMD system that is not on at least one manufacturer QVL (motherboard or memory).

Memory and motherboard makers only guarantee their product for specific uses and only in kits, not buying several of the same model and hoping they work together, although they might work -- but there is no help from them in that case.

Solution

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012

unfortunately, it seems that either my options for Corsair kit / G.skill isn't on this list of QVL
So you say it should work, or it may not work at all?