Best Mid Tower Case for around $200?

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Hi. I'm going to have a new gaming rig assembled here soon and I can't decide on a case. I'll list the cases I have in mind so far below but am also open to others and even other sizes perhaps.

1. CM H500M
2. Enthoo EvolvX
3. Corsair Crystal

I won't be doing any custom liquid cooling. I do want to put in an closed loop cooler for the CPU and the GPU will likely be air cooled.

Any input or recommendations will be much appreciated thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
$200 seems excessive to me, but entirely depends on what kind of feature set you're looking for.
I'm a huge fan of the Fractal Design Meshify-C TG, which is a <$100 case.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.50 @ Amazon)
Total: $79.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-01 17:36 EDT-0400

Great build quality, tempered glass, support for a 240, 280 or 360mm Rad in front, and a 240mm in top.
Really everything any 'normal' user should need.

If it's RGB etc you want, with a $200 budget you could net a quality case, replace the fans & add a Hue+ for ~$200 :lol:

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013

Honestly I'm just going off what looks good to me from the video reviews and pictures I've seen lol. $200 is probably a lot for a case but then there are cases over $500 too. I know the Meshify C is a very popular case and it looks good as well and would save me a good chunk of change too. My current build is in a Fractal R4, hell I could even put my new build in the R4 and it will all probably work fine I just want something new and interesting I guess.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Cases are about 10% compatibility, 90% personal preference, IMO.
I totally get where you're coming from.... Just throwing an alternative out there.

If a case fits your chosen components, reviews well & has halfway decent airflow, then you should be fine, whatever you chose.

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013

Yea I agree it's mostly personal preference. I just figure if I'm already going all in (mostly) I may as well get a nice case too. I actually had this build in a Corsair Carbide 500R previously and it was really quiet but then I had to take it back to the store to the guy that assembled it because something was making a noise. It was one of the Noctua fans pressing against the RAM module and he didn't see it only I saw it after looking at it from the top. After he messed around with it I brought it back and it was never that quiet again lol. I actually ended up bringing it over to the R4 because of the noise dampening material but now I only game with my headset on so I don't hear anything and would prefer better airflow to keep temps lower. I think the H500M is made for airflow isn't it? It does have those 2 massive fans heh. Guess we'll find out.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Yes & No. That was the goal, but it's not exactly best in class. It's solid enough.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3312-cooler-master-h500m-case-review-vs-h500p-mesh

LOL, certainly not at $600+!