[SOLVED] Best modern RAM for H110m4-c2h

elyagi13281

Commendable
Aug 23, 2017
Hi all,

So I made a thread about my upgrade path to Ryzen 5 2600 build but Ryzen cpu+AM4 motherboard pricing and availabity here in PH is terrible right now due to the pandemic. I've decided to stick to my potato pc for now and just upgrade the components that will have an immediate effect on user experience and reliablity (PSU, GPU, RAM). That way, at least I could still benefit and enjoy the new parts I bought. I will still upgrade to Ryzen platform in the near future when pricing and availability are a lot better, esp with Zen 3 coming but at least I would have the GPU, PSU and RAM ready by then.

My current setup is:

CPU: Intel G4560
Motherboard: ECS H110M4-C2H
RAM: Team 4gb DDR4 2133 (currently using)
PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 550W

Components i will be adding in are an Rx 470 I got for an amazing price and any 2x8gb for DDR4 rgb RAM. My main concern is RAM and its compatibility with my CPU and motherboard. I've checked the QVL of my motherboard and being a low-end board, it obviously doesn't list any of the recent rgb RAM/regular recent RAM for that matter. As for compatiblity with my CPU, well this is still a Kabylake CPU so I assume it should still be compatible right?

You might be wondering why I want to go with rgb RAM on such a board and again, this will be for my future Ryzen build but still want to be able to use it on my current system while I wait for better CPU/motherboard pricing and availability.

I plan on getting 2 of these or anything similar that will be 2400-3000mhz.
https://dynaquestpc.com/collections...y-8gb-single-ddr4-2666mhz-cl16-hx426c16fb3a-8

PCPartPicker lists it as a compatible part but I don't know how reliabe that is and if it's actually backed up by real build attempts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/?compatible_with=dXfmP6

If rgb RAM cannot be supported on my board, well that would suck but I guess I would like to know how recent of kits can I go with my current cpu and board.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
Hi all,

So I made a thread about my upgrade path to Ryzen 5 2600 build but Ryzen cpu+AM4 motherboard pricing and availabity here in PH is terrible right now due to the pandemic. I've decided to stick to my potato pc for now and just upgrade the components that will have an immediate effect on user experience and reliablity (PSU, GPU, RAM). That way, at least I could still benefit and enjoy the new parts I bought. I will still upgrade to Ryzen platform in the near future when pricing and availability are a lot better, esp with Zen 3 coming but at least I would have the GPU, PSU and RAM ready by then.

My current setup is:

PSU: Seasonic Focus...
Hi all,

My current setup is:

PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 550W

Components i will be adding in are an Rx 470 I got for an amazing price and any 2x8gb for DDR4 rgb RAM. My main concern is RAM and its compatibility with my CPU and motherboard. I've checked the QVL of my motherboard and being a low-end board, it obviously doesn't list any of the recent rgb RAM/regular recent RAM for that matter. As for compatiblity with my CPU, well this is still a Kabylake CPU so I assume it should still be compatible right?

You might be wondering why I want to go with rgb RAM on such a board and again, this will be for my future Ryzen build but still want to be able to use it on my current system while I wait for better CPU/motherboard pricing and availability.

I plan on getting 2 of these or anything similar that will be 2400-3000mhz.
https://dynaquestpc.com/collections...y-8gb-single-ddr4-2666mhz-cl16-hx426c16fb3a-8

PCPartPicker lists it as a compatible part but I don't know how reliabe that is and if it's actually backed up by real build attempts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/?compatible_with=dXfmP6

If rgb RAM cannot be supported on my board, well that would suck but I guess I would like to know how recent of kits can I go with my current cpu and board.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
CPU is limited to 2400MHz RAM and MB too, faster would work but only at 2400MHz. At those speeds all will be same.

Solution