Question Best monitors to consider for gaming at 4K?

dennisresevfan

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
England

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
Games mostly. Also movies/TV series.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
Was planning on something around 32 inch at 4K. I currently have a 27 inch 2560x1440 IPS

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
Currently I have 60Hz. I've never HAD higher than 60Hz on anything other than an old CRT so I'm honestly not sure. Maybe 120Hz? What's a good number to aim for to maximise gaming enjoyment?

5. How much are you looking to spend?
As long as it's not a completely insane price, money is no issue. Tell me what's out there.

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
Honestly, no idea. Currently using one of those cheap Korean IPSes.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
None.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
No.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
4090 Strix OC. 4 displays supported I think? I will only be using one.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
I believe I should be using the display-port output on the 4090 for higher resolutions, right? So that. Or HDMI if that can handle 4K but something tells me it doesn't?

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
Primary.

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No. Desktop.

I was interested in

ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM​

but it only has a glossy option and I can't stand seeing myself reflected in the screen during games.

So then I was interested in the LG 32GS95UE

View: https://youtu.be/ktjgt3ULOUY

But this guy is crapping all over it saying that apparently the matte coating is horrible.

I NEED matte coating but he seems to think this one is particularly bad for some reason?

Can anyone back this up or refute it?

Otherwise, what else should I be considering?

In summary, hoping for 4K resolution, a nice high refresh rate, good response time, no ghosting or other issues of that nature, and preferably no IPS glow and good true blacks.

Open to suggestions if this is unrealistic. I just want games to look nice and run well.

dennisresevfan

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Found a few other video reviews that give positive remarks about the monitor, with another one giving a more objective viewpoint in that it's matte and it comes with all the issues that matte finishes have. Plus what they showed, at least from what I bothered to scrub through, seemed fine to me.

Indeed, I didn't see much to back up his claims. Clickbait?

I'm open to other suggestions for monitors though seeing as there's no sign of this one showing up in the UK.