[SOLVED] Best Motherboard for GTX 2060 Super

Solution
Pass on the GSync monitor - don't pay so much extra for the Nvidia tax. Get a FreeSync monitor instead.

Also, 165Hz at 2560x1440 - if we're talking current/modern games, even top-tier video card is going to struggle with that at high/max details.

What is your goal here? Are high framerates what you want, or high details? Do you want higher resolution with maybe a lower refresh rate, or would you go with lower resolution to hit the high frame rates?

Take a look at the tested games here:
https://www.tomshardware.com/review...2060-super-geforce-rtx-2070-super,6207-3.html

165Hz won't do you much good. The RTX 2060 at 2560x1440 barely crests 100fps in only SOME of the games, assuming you're going for...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Pass on the GSync monitor - don't pay so much extra for the Nvidia tax. Get a FreeSync monitor instead.

Also, 165Hz at 2560x1440 - if we're talking current/modern games, even top-tier video card is going to struggle with that at high/max details.

What is your goal here? Are high framerates what you want, or high details? Do you want higher resolution with maybe a lower refresh rate, or would you go with lower resolution to hit the high frame rates?

https://www.tomshardware.com/review...2060-super-geforce-rtx-2070-super,6207-3.html

165Hz won't do you much good. The RTX 2060 at 2560x1440 barely crests 100fps in only SOME of the games, assuming you're going for high/ultra detail.

Now, I wouldn't recommend AGAINST a 144Hz FreeSync monitor. But that's because 144Hz monitors aren't generally much more than their 75Hz bretheren.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also, the BQ power supply isn't among EVGA's good ones. Take a look at the first link in my sig - that'll give you a good guide as to what to buy. Yes, I realize that PSUs are currently pretty overpriced.

Finally, you don't need a liquid cooler. The included Wraith Stealth air cooler is pretty good. You might consider going to a 3600X, if it's not much more money, which has the better Wraith Spire cooler included. Alternately, an aftermarket air cooler would be fine, if you find the Wraith Stealth isn't doing the job for you.

Menninism

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020
As someone said above, I think you need to consider the use case of this pc. Do you need it to game, or do you need it for work?

For example, I would go a bit cheaper on the ram (16gb - could still stick with Trident Z), drop the HDD to 1 TB, and add a 512GB or higher M.2 for Windows and games.

Thoughts?

So, I am thinking on playing games like Monster Hunter World, GTA 5, Valorant, CS-GO, and other games like Pubg. But, I am also using this PC for software like Autodesk (3D and 2D creating.) Also, I'm planning on using this Pc on opening more than 10 windows of work because of my job. My current Pc can't handle that.

Menninism

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020
Also, the BQ power supply isn't among EVGA's good ones. Take a look at the first link in my sig - that'll give you a good guide as to what to buy. Yes, I realize that PSUs are currently pretty overpriced.

Finally, you don't need a liquid cooler. The included Wraith Stealth air cooler is pretty good. You might consider going to a 3600X, if it's not much more money, which has the better Wraith Spire cooler included. Alternately, an aftermarket air cooler would be fine, if you find the Wraith Stealth isn't doing the job for you.
Is the NZXT x63 not good enough for my setup?

Menninism

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020

165Hz won't do you much good. The RTX 2060 at 2560x1440 barely crests 100fps in only SOME of the games, assuming you're going for high/ultra detail.

Now, I wouldn't recommend AGAINST a 144Hz FreeSync monitor. But that's because 144Hz monitors aren't generally much more than their 75Hz bretheren.

I was told GSync was much better than Freesync because it's Nvidia powered.

Menninism

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020

I'm a big fan of Valorant which is great for the 2060 super because I'm certain it can run 1440 p at 200 fps. Am I correct?

Jun 11, 2020
So, I am thinking on playing games like Monster Hunter World, GTA 5, Valorant, CS-GO, and other games like Pubg. But, I am also using this PC for software like Autodesk (3D and 2D creating.) Also, I'm planning on using this Pc on opening more than 10 windows of work because of my job. My current Pc can't handle that.

Based on that, what you have is perfectly fine. I still think you want an M.2 stick, if your budget allows it.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I was told GSync was much better than Freesync because it's Nvidia powered.
Nope. GSync was much better for Nvidia than FreeSync because it padded Nvidia's profits. That's about it. Both FreeSync and GSync do the same thing, but FreeSync is an open standard and requires no extra hardware, whereas GSync is proprietary and requires extra hardware, licensed from Nvidia in the monitor. Because of that, Nvidia stubbornly refused to support FreeSync for a long time.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm a big fan of Valorant which is great for the 2060 super because I'm certain it can run 1440 p at 200 fps. Am I correct?
I couldn't say, as I'm not familiar with that game. But it doesn't matter. The human eye can't process that fast. If you're getting 100 fps, you're more than good. I go along with 144Hz monitors only because they really don't cost much more than your typical 75Hz or 120Hz monitors.

Menninism

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020
I couldn't say, as I'm not familiar with that game. But it doesn't matter. The human eye can't process that fast. If you're getting 100 fps, you're more than good. I go along with 144Hz monitors only because they really don't cost much more than your typical 75Hz or 120Hz monitors.

Ok, I see. Thanks!