Best Printer 3-400 bux for digital pictures?

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have roughly 3-400 dollars that I can spend on a printer. I would like to print pictures from my digital camera. What (in that price range) is the best printer I could get? I would like the ones that use multiple ink instead of the all in one. I am poor so I would like to be able to use all colors of ink instead of throwing a color cartridge away when there is still ink in it. Thanks to all who reply.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

G

There are basically 2 camps for top of the line inkjet printers..

One is the Canon 8200, the other is the Epson Stylus Photo 870.

Quality and price per print is a bit in favour of the Canon, but longavity seems to be on the side of the Epson. (Older versions of this printer, ones made 6+ months ago had a recall due to a failure in this component).

Which ever one you choose, you'd get an awesome printer *AS LONG* as you use photo paper with it! Never use regualr paper, or you'd be very disappointed..

LK

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the reply I think I am going to go with the Cannon. All I care about is image quality. Thanks again

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

G

Ok, i heard that Epson printers have the tendency to fall apart. I heard the Canons should improve on image quality, and Hewlett Packard only have multi-color-ink-tanks from which they reduced the fillings with 30%!
So, i think it is a personal choice of which you like best, what will fit on your desk and what you want to pay. I have a HP 970Cxi, because it can print double sided and it has a front loading paper tray. But like i said, HP reduced the ink in the cartridges and still ask way too much money for them.

This ink is also referred to as Black Gold...

Don´t believe the printouts that you find in the shop, exept if you saw it being printed with your own eyes! They always put printouts next to the printers that were NOT printed on THAT printer, and look way better because some machine 100 times more expensive printed it!
Don´t let them fool yah..

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What about Lexmark? There is one at Best buy called z52 or something that has a resolution of 2400x1200. Are they any good?