[SOLVED] Best/Safest Material to Cover Glass on PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MeganElisabeth

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I’m wanting to just somehow cover the glass pane I have when the PC is on and in use. Is it still possible for static to somehow damage/affect the components even if just taped to the glass? Also, what would be best to place under the case as it’s sitting on thin carpet? I have the Enthoo Luxe Full ATX with PSU on the bottom so I’ve read this is not good for static. Thank you very much in advance for any help. Don’t want to damage my not cheap first custom build.

Solution
considering your psu is on the bottom, the biggest concern you have is how much dust and lint is getting sucked into the psu and the pc case in general. that's a much bigger reason to get it off the floor or at least have it sitting on something off the carpet a little bit.

MeganElisabeth

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
no need really. especially since you won't be working inside the case. but you can if it makes you feel better. won't hurt anything to turn it off either.
Thank you very very much! I got it on there. I so greatly appreciate your suggestion of taking it off to put the paper on... SO much easier than trying to do it still connected like I was going to. Didn’t think of this simple task.