Best slot cooler?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
blitztorm is greatest product to ever come out for gpu cooling - particularly for 8800 series

the 8800 series blows some air out of the case but it also has slots to allow aair in the case - this design is quieter then the amd approach and will move air to lower back pressure

the bliz both pressurizes the gpu fan by blow air at it which increases flow and remove air from the slots of the 8800 - i use it on ebay 8800 system i build.

the vantec is better for cards the 7950gt, ones that are not double slot and blow air out of the case, since it moves air on the front and back to cool the card.

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
Depends on the application and conditions of you PC. If you can install the Azenx and have an EMPTY slot underneath it, then go for the Azenx as the additional air movement via the 70mm fan will improve airflow. Then, the 70mm blower will exhaust that hot air.

I personally like the Azenx as it immediately dropped temps by ~15C at idle and 40C on load when I did NOT have my X-Fi card installed. After I installed the X-Fi card underneath it, temps went back up, but load temps are still 20C less than before.

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
Funny that you mentioned the 7950GT - I have the passive cooled version and the Azenx did (still does but on a smaller scale) cool that amazingly well as it exhausted a great deal of heat.

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
I meant 30C less than w/o the Azenx....

Is someone on Tomshardware gonna fix the annoying inability of NOT being able to edit posts?

Ditas

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Well; im going to be building a system with an 8800 GTX; so if the Azenx works well; that is good to know

anyone have any knowlege of the Antec Vcool? this one takes air from outside the case then ports it to the GPU fan, or at least says it does

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005

The Vantec, however, will merely "pump" a ton of air into the GTX's cooler. IMO, you will be having 3 fans "blowing" onto the HS's fins (including the blower on the GTX) and depending on the GTX's blower to exhaust all that how air out. In this sense, I would think there would be a build up of heat. However, the Azenx balances that out as the blower fan exhausts any additional heat build up.

I can, however, be wrong.