[SOLVED] Best software for importing photos/videos/chat from iphone 12 pro max to windows 10 pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x Fan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2014
I'm looking for suggestions for great software to import pictures, videos, and messages from an iPhone 12 Pro Max to a Windows 10 pc. Free or paid software, I want something that's easy to use.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If you have wifi available, you could use one of the ios file managers that lets you turn your iphone into an FTP server. Then you just use your Windows 10 browser or file manager to access the files and copy or move them over. Documents by Readdle, and FileApp, are examples of prominent ios apps that will set up your iphone for file transfer.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You really don't need anything to import pictures and videos. Win 10 has those tools baked in.

You could grab an old install of iTunes I suppose if you really want another tool for that.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

4x Fan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2014
You really don't need anything to import pictures and videos. Win 10 has those tools baked in.

You could grab an old install of iTunes I suppose if you really want another tool for that.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Thanks. Unfortunately, there's something (presumably Windows 10) that is not working properly, and is preventing me from properly importing pictures and videos. The Photos app will begin the import process and then stop, saying that it encountered a problem. I run into a similar problem when trying to import directly from the iPhone in file explorer. Same problem with iTunes.

I've tried a number of things to fix it:

*uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Photo app
*removing and reinstalling the iPhone (and deleting/reinstalling the driver)
*running sfc/scannow

The problem began after I upgraded to an iPhone 11 a couple of years ago. It continues after upgrading the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Ultimately, I thought it would be easier to purchase dedicated software than continuing to try and troubleshoot. I prefer to avoid using the cloud.

If you have wifi available, you could use one of the ios file managers that lets you turn your iphone into an FTP server. Then you just use your Windows 10 browser or file manager to access the files and copy or move them over. Documents by Readdle, and FileApp, are examples of prominent ios apps that will set up your iphone for file transfer.

Solution

4x Fan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2014

Thanks. I tried both of these and received the same error when trying to move files. At this point, I'm not sure what I should do.

Thanks. I tried both of these and received the same error when trying to move files. At this point, I'm not sure what I should do.
What specific errors are you getting? After you activate the FTP mode, can you use Edge or the Windows Explorer file manager to access the folders on your iphone where the files are stored? Is this a problem with iphone permissions or something else?

gardenman

Splendid
The Photos app will begin the import process and then stop, saying that it encountered a problem. I run into a similar problem when trying to import directly from the iPhone in file explorer. Same problem with iTunes.

Here is an interesting quote from another site with a similar problem:
It found 2 videos that had errors and could not be imported. I manually deleted them from the phone.
Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252089763

Was data transferred from the iPhone 11 to the 12? If so: My guess is corruption of the file system or of a few files since all apps are crashing and having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS