Best software to reduce movie size

Solution
That is all 7zip does. Jesus. You will always have the original file. Compression reads the original file, does its magic trying to compress it, and then writes out the results into the .zip file. When its time to extract the files, you decompress the .zip file, and you you end up with a clone of the original file. An exact copy of the original.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I dont think its possible to compress something and not lose at least some quality. Im pretty sure programs like winrar and 7zip can do that and they will offer you a verity of compression levels, i wouldn't compress it very much or you will lose quality.

Human Being

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I have 7zip.Although what is the algorithm(procedure,how-to-doit) to compress the file.Also no problem with the quality I'll adjust it with video converter.However, how much you think that 1.4gb of file is reduced?

Right click on your video. There will be 7zip compression options there. 7zip does not process the video, it will only compress it. After compression, it will still be able to restored into the exact same copy that you have right now.

You appear to be worried about something 7zip will never do. It will not process the video to reduce the size of it by changing the file itself.

That is all 7zip does. Jesus. You will always have the original file. Compression reads the original file, does its magic trying to compress it, and then writes out the results into the .zip file. When its time to extract the files, you decompress the .zip file, and you you end up with a clone of the original file. An exact copy of the original.

Solution