Best ssd brands

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Hello and thank you for looking at my post,

I am currently saving money for a new gaming pc and I originally wasn't going to buy an ssd,

but I talked about it with my brother and he convinced me to go the ssd route,

so I decided to ask you all the question --- "What are the best and most reliable ssd brands?"

Solution
though if saving for a new pc a m2 drive would be my choice instead of a 2.5 ssd

still from samsung or intel but probably the samsung sm951 would be top of my list

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

Why would you not reccomend a 2.5in ssd?

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

ah, alright my budget kinda dictates that a m2 is out of my price range :p

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

ok You have a great point there, and I'll definately take it in to account. Thanks!

you are welcome--that sm951 is definitely on my xmas list:)

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

oh for sure!

Illumynization

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Samsung for speed and reliability (best all round)
Intel for best reliability and pretty decent speeds (not as fast as corsair or samsung but has best reliability)
Corsair for Ridiculous speed and good reliability( under samsung and intel but still great)

Crucial good reliability and alright speeds depending on series as well.
Sandisk average reliability (It's still an ssd, small chance of failure) speeds vary between series but are about the same as crucials
Kingston Decent reliability with higher end ssd's and decent speed with higher end ssd's. V300 probably fail the most. Would suggest hyperX over v300.

I would always recommend a samsung or intel. A corsair for the speed. Lastly the bottom 3 for the price per/gb for more budget orienented builders.

certig

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

Thanks for your time! That info helped a lot!