BEST VIDEO CARD FOR DAILY USE AND BEST IMAGE

SMM2469

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Hey Guys. I currently am running an Abit AV8 motherboard and an ATI Radeon X800 Pro graphics card. I feel like I am running a graphics card for gaming, when I do nearly none. I am a business man and have a 22" widescreen LCD DVI monitor. What would be my best choice for simply, cheap videocard, which will give me the quickest performance and best image quality? I do not need the benefits for gaming, just want the BEST picture quality and quickest speed. Will a videocard really make a difference in day to day work with office documents, email, and web browsing? What does everyone suggest I go with? Please advise.

GigabyteRules

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
i just got a HIS x1650pro iceQ for 250aud (online for 178aud) and im a daily user, lite gamer, i tested oblivion and it runs fine on medium settings at 1440 x 900 good thing about the card it dosnt require a ne extra power it runs off the pci which is great its also 20db but u can get a slient veriosn for an extra 10aud but noise dosnt matter to me. all my fan speeds = 14000rpm lol

Any $50 - $75 ATI or nVidia card will be good enough to support a 22" LCD screen if gaming is not a priority. Speed in 2D graphics is not much of an issue, therefore the power of the video card will not matter at all.

I recommend the MSI NX6200AX-TD256 GeForce 6200 256MB for $52 + $5 shipping. It is fanless so you don't even have to worry about a buzzing fan.

Even the ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB for $37 + $6 shipping will be more than powerful enough for your needs.

The amount of RAM on the video card has no performance impact for daily usage of the programs you mentioned.

Alternatively, you can just keep using the X800 Pro.

cleeve

Illustrious
What is your motivation for changing it?
Your X800 might be overkill, but it's not worth much to sell, and you're certainly not losing any performance because it's there...