Question Best VPN? Looking for recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechiGamer

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
Hello,

I have been shopping around for a VPN provider, but after reading some articles and forum discussions, I realized there are some different realities and sometimes sketchy operations that are hidden and not immediately known. I was about to go with NordVPN for example, but some forum posts seriously steered me away.

So, that is why I am asking, what is the best anonymous, fast, reliable VPN service?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I have used PIA (Private internet Access), NordVPN, and I am currently using Surfshark.

of the three I have not noticed much of a difference in speed or connections, with PIA streaming on netflix was hit or miss, Surfshark is working a treat for streaming I have had no issues on that front like the other two.

surfshark allows more concurrent connections

1PW

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hello @TechiGamer

Concerning only speed, the relatively new WireGuard® technology is making its way into increasingly more provider's offerings as an alternative to, or a replacement for, the OpenVPN protocol. While maintaining security, the new WireGuard protocol is certainly faster. WireGuard's encryption uses the speedy ChaCha20, a derivative of Salsa20 and is more than adequate for consumer use.

As far as remaining anonymous, as long as the VPN client is able to pass all DNS leak tests, you should be okay unless your concerns are in other areas.

Reliability is subjected to the shortcomings of all of the "links in the chain". Member @R_1 shows the wisdom to have tried different providers and move on if unsatisfied. Excellent!

A remarkable spreadsheet of VPN service comparisons may be had from https://thatoneprivacysite.net/ with the caveat that it has not been updated since the middle of last year. Since more than 200+ providers exist, the "Privacy Guy" brings out additional categories of consideration.

HTH

Last edited:

dat789

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
That is quite an exhaustive list of VPN details there! Thank you for sharing that! I wish I had seen this before making a decision on a provider last month. I went with ExpressVPN -- pricey for a router solution.

Nov 11, 2020
A virtual private network (VPN) gives you online privacy and anonymity by creating a personal network from a public internet connection. VPNs mask your internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. most vital , VPN services establish secure and encrypted connections to supply greater privacy than even a secured Wi-Fi hotspot.
1.NordVPN
2.ExpressVPN
3.PureVPN
4.LunaVPN

Status
Not open for further replies.