Question Best way to keep RAID5 Volume?

Deodedros

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015
So this feels like a very amateur question but what would be the best way to keep my RAID 5 array in Windows 10? I was planning on upgrading my C: drive as its starting to run low on space. I had set it up through disk management/storage spaces. So I assume if I get a new C: drive the volume may still show up in disk management. But since storage spaces manages the drives and checks the health on them that makes it a software RAID, so again if I were to get a new drive with a new windows it could cause issues.

On another hand I was thinking of trying to create an image of my drive and get a larger version from the same manufacturer and model.

So this feels like a very amateur question but what would be the best way to keep my RAID 5 array in Windows 10? I was planning on upgrading my C: drive as its starting to run low on space. I had set it up through disk management/storage spaces. So I assume if I get a new C: drive the volume may still show up in disk management. But since storage spaces manages the drives and checks the health on them that makes it a software RAID, so again if I were to get a new drive with a new windows it could cause issues.

On another hand I was thinking of trying to create an image of my drive and get a larger version from the same manufacturer and model.
If I'm understanding this correctly you have a normal C drive and an additional storage array using software raid?