Best way to set up 3 monitors

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I just recently bought a new Samsung 28" UE590 4k Monitor to accompany my other 2 Asus 1920 x 1080p monitors. I have a GTX 770, a Z98-G55 Motherboard, and i5 4590 CPU. I know very little about daisy chaining. Currently have everything plugged in on my GPU. I have the 4k Monitor using a Display port, one monitor on DVI, and the last on HDMI. Is this a correct way to do it or is there a better way? Should I have any of the displays running of my CPU on the motherboard?

Solution
You are good.
Side monitors do not impact gaming, even when attached to the gaming gpu.
I would locate one side monitor to each side of the main.
Use expanded desktop.
If you can, physically align the top of all three in a straight line so dragging windows across is a bit more seamless.
Then in the expanded desktop panel drag the images to reflect the physical orientation.

You are good.
Side monitors do not impact gaming, even when attached to the gaming gpu.
I would locate one side monitor to each side of the main.
Use expanded desktop.
If you can, physically align the top of all three in a straight line so dragging windows across is a bit more seamless.
Then in the expanded desktop panel drag the images to reflect the physical orientation.

Solution

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I have also noticed that my mouse requires quite a bit speed to get over to my right screen from my main screen. Is there a setting or something to allow me to move from screen to screen easier?

Yes, in control panel/mouse, look at pointer options. There is a slider to adjust pointer speed.

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

That just changes the DPI of my mouse, doesn't it? I don't want the mouse to be faster just the amount of force required to get over to the other screen