best z87 motherboard for gaming? but i dont want to overclock.

ThatRedneckDude

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
i am building a pc for the first time. i am wondering what is the best motherboard for me. i will not overclock so i dont need a overclocking board. i do want as much features as i can get. this is for gaming. i have a 200 dollar limit on my motherboard. heres my build-
i7 4771
16 gb of ddr3-2400 ram
gtx 780 ti
and a 750watt psu

spat55

Distinguished
For that is what you want is something with SLI compatibility and to look for what you want on a motherboard, some come with stuff you do want and stuff you don't want. Choosing what you want will save you money but only you can decide that :)

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Get a Seasonic USA power supply. ASUS ROG boards have a plethora of features. The ROG Hero is a pretty popular board, MSI GD-65 gaming mobo is a good board too.
Z87 is overclocking boards. for $200 though I wouldn't get anything less than Z87.
Gigabyte makes some good ones, UDH3 and UDH5 come to mind. ASRock is a reputable brand as well, their Z87 Extreme 4 is one of the more popular boards.
Another factor is the form factor, do you want full sized ATX or MicroATX or miniITX.

ThatRedneckDude

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

i am getting a xfx pro series. i want standard atx. a was thinking the asus maximus vI hero as-well.