Bethesda Suing Minecraft Developer Over "Scrolls"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yugmus

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
If Bethesda follows through and uses their clout to make him change the name he should just change it to "Biblios" . . . isn't that the greek word for scrolls or books? Or some other language, Eqyptian hieroglyphs or something of the sort?

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
It's funny that they are suing for the name scrolls. Most new (Oblivion)fans that I talk to have no clue what I am talking about when I say anything about Elder Scrolls.

They might as well streamline their title and remove it. ;p

tacobravo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Not sure what you mean but last time I checked, TES is the biggest in RPGs. They are the best as well.I understand why they are doing it, and doubt it would end badly. I think Scrollcraft would have been a better name.[/citation]

So Blizzard can sue them instead?

G

Yet somehow both "Call of Duty" and "Call of Juarez" exist as series, and I don't think anybody picks up a Call of Juarez game expecting a military shooter.

G

I just love reading people comments there so funny

and wtf bethesda i like loved you now i feel like i should hate you for suing minecraft

G

WHAT! Why must Bethseda be such babies. I thought of em as heroes because of the new game: Skyrim, but now I'm very dissapointed in their selfishness. I wonder how much popularity did they lose for their sueing crybaby acts. I still love Bethseda, and Skyrim is a great game, but I am just dissapointed in these stupid lawyers and companies these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.