Bethesda Talks Post-Launch Plans For 'Fallout 4'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctylr

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
That changed today with an announcement from the company on plans for continued game support after Fallout 4 launches in November.

I'm glad and relieved to see that a company has not announced that they plan on abandoning their consumers before the product (and its DLCs) has even been shipped.

The first phase will come through game updates.

For anyone with experience with Bethesda / Zenimax's large open world titles this is a funny, oh so obvious statement. Frankly we can expect the first patch released within the first week of release, going by the Bethesda / Zenimax's Fallout and Elder Scrolls. My bet would be day 1-2.

The news of mods being available for consoles is a new, interesting, and positive tidbit.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
That changed today with an announcement from the company on plans for continued game support after Fallout 4 launches in November.

I'm glad and relieved to see that a company has not announced that they plan on abandoning their consumers before the product (and its DLCs) has even been shipped.

For anyone with experience with Bethesda / Zenimax's large open world titles this is a funny, oh so obvious statement. Frankly we can expect the first patch released within the first week of release, going by the Bethesda / Zenimax's Fallout and Elder Scrolls. My bet would be day 1-2.

The news of mods being available for consoles is a new, interesting, and positive tidbit.

yea, consoles getting mods... that will be a good thing... till microsoft wants to charge for them because why not, and paid mods become a thing due to the consoles.

as for the bug fixes... dont you have to download mods that are bug fixes on skyrim and oblivion?

also with skyrim, didnt you have to patch the game with an outside program to get some mods to work because they refused to give you the access you needed to fix things like the ui...

everything besides selling me dlc in this im treating as a lie or a bad thing till proven otherwise.

FearfulSPARTAN

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015

yea, consoles getting mods... that will be a good thing... till microsoft wants to charge for them because why not, and paid mods become a thing due to the consoles.

as for the bug fixes... dont you have to download mods that are bug fixes on skyrim and oblivion?

also with skyrim, didnt you have to patch the game with an outside program to get some mods to work because they refused to give you the access you needed to fix things like the ui...

everything besides selling me dlc in this im treating as a lie or a bad thing till proven otherwise.

Oooooooook

So, lets see. I have two options:
Buy the game when it comes out with bugs, premious price, pay individually for each DLC, and wait for modders to fix things or

Wait for a year, maybe even a year and a half and get the "GOTY" edition with all dlcs cheaper than the original game at release, with most bugs fixed and mods ready to rock....

Well, I know my choice.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
So the big announcement is; business as usual? Other than the season pass this isn't really any different from Skyrim etc. the big question mark is still mods for consoles and whether it's actually a real feature, as Bethesda wanted to do this with Skyrim and the console players know how well that turned out.

This is one of two games I'm excited about this year.

The other is Battlefront.

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to customize your dog. Not just the collar, but the breed. Seeing this console-grade graphics German Shepherd (while I do, in fact, think this is the best breed of dog on Earth!) in the game trailer reminds me of Call of Duty which cheapens the whole experience for me. Give me the choice of an Argentine Dogo or Bullmastiff and others.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

in all honesty, ill be getting the game in launch window almost regardless, the crafting gun system is something i wanted to play in a game forever, and blacklight retribution is the only one that gives me anything remotely close.

Hilarious.

Maybe the dog will be replaced after the first dog dies (no matter which choice you make)? With another dog? Like an Argentine Dogo?

araczynski

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
the smart person would just wait till the GOTY edition rolls out, and save themselves a lot of hassle (bugs/performance issues/time lost) and money to boot. but hey, gamers are ADD ridden, so jump on it as soon as the water start pouring, then start whining that its still cold.

Hey Bethesda...
Looking forward to Fallout 4. I just have to finish F3, FNV, Oblivion and Skyrim.

I have NEVER finished a game they've made. I've frankly LOVED them at first then just got bored. Well, bored slash ran out of time.

And for gods sake Bethesda please no STUTTER requiring something like "ifpsclamp" which I'm 90% sure won't be an issue.

(and ifpsclamp makes F3 and FNV butter smooth provided you don't drop below the target. Now that I think about it the stutter is why I gave up then I fixed it like THREE YEARS later and went back to it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.