Bethesda's Scary Game "The Evil Within" to Arrive in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
RE4 was crap. If this was made by the mad that made the first RE, then I'd be all over it.Also, this is not a Bethesda game, it's a Tango game. Bethesda is the publisher.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
theres some misinformation going on in this comments section. Shinji Mikami created Resident Evil franchise. I believe he made all the resident evil games up until RE4. This game is being made by Tango Gameworks, which is owned by Zenimax. Technically it can still be called a Bethesda game just like Uncharted can be called a Sony game.and its probably not going to be oculus rift compatible unless they release a modkit for modders to do their magic. I doubt theyd release a modkit for this game. This game is being made for 3rd person POV.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

No one decent cares about Fallout that's not real Fallout.

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
I'm psyched for this game, the survival horror genre has degraded to "You're almost invincible unless you screw up, go kill [Insert evil enemies here]"If you ask me, it's about time we had another "Don't play this with the lights off" horror game.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Amnesia: The Descent.

The new Amnesia isn't as nice, but it's still pretty great. It's not survival horror, either of them, but it's horror, which is about half of the fun, and since the survival aspect of most survival horror games nowadays isn't there, it's all the fun.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Sounds like it could be a good new survival horror game, but is anyone else a bit tired of asylums? Personally I prefer settings that aren't already creepy, but become that way. For example, it could have been set in a perfectly normal police station that becomes twisted and evil as time goes by.I dunno, asylums are just a bit cliché now IMO.

priority1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Sounds to much like Outlast. Hopefully it will be even scarier than Outlast though. I nearly (almost) pissed my pants a few times in Outlast.

UA67

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I beg to differ.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Fallout 4 please, Bethesda. No one cares about your non-Fallout, non-Elder Scrolls games.
so noone should care about dishonored, the new Prey game, the evil within, and wolfenstein? I want a new fallout and real Elder Scrolls game, but I wouldnt overlook Bethesdas other published works ever. Dishonored was amazing, and this game, wolfenstein, and Prey 2 are also looking just as awesome. we can ask for a new fallout, but then Bethesda might slap us with a "Fallout Online" ... *shivers*

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
so noone should care about dishonored, the new Prey game, the evil within, and wolfenstein? I want a new fallout and real Elder Scrolls game, but I wouldnt overlook Bethesdas other published works ever. Dishonored was amazing, and this game, wolfenstein, and Prey 2 are also looking just as awesome. we can ask for a new fallout, but then Bethesda might slap us with a "Fallout Online" ... *shivers*
OK, I looked into it and it turns out Bethesda Softworks is the publisher and Bethesda Game Studios does the Elder Scrolls games and did Fallout 3. Guess they're not wasting time or irrelevant games, so it's cool.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
great survival AND horror...what will developers think of next. Perhaps instead of just jamming genres together they can create something unique. Who knows, maybe this will be original despite the 300 other survival horror games made in the past 2 years.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
great survival AND horror...what will developers think of next. Perhaps instead of just jamming genres together they can create something unique. Who knows, maybe this will be original despite the 300 other survival horror games made in the past 2 years.

frankly speaking i like RE4. but i agree the horror aspect was gone with RE4 unlike the previous RE series before it. some people hate the change but i wasn't Shinji Mikami fault at all. it was Capcom. the team behind RE4 have to throw the early work and design for RE4 so they can make it into more action oriented game like Capcom wants it to be.

jack1982

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Bethesda accepts nothing but AAA quality? Like Rogue Warrior with it's big 29/100 Metacritic average? You guys really need to quit being shills for these companies.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
RE4 was crap. If this was made by the mad that made the first RE, then I'd be all over it.Also, this is not a Bethesda game, it's a Tango game. Bethesda is the publisher.
Shinji Mikami is the creator of Resident Evil, you dolt. So, yeah, you should be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.