Bethseda Kicks Off E3 Early With 'Fallout 4,' New 'Doom,' 'Elder Scrolls,' More

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
The Elder Scrolls VI... PLEASE!!!
Scrolls Online is irrelevant to most of the fanbase anyway. Maybe Bethesda is just scared that they can't top Skyrim.

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Bethesda <3

You make me a proud and happy gamer.
Since Rockstar and many others abandoned pc gaming (and therefore I abandoned them), my last hopes are on this wonderful company!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
saw doom, looks slow as hell, whats this, a radial menu for weapons for the consoles being shown off... yea lost interest...

thankfully there is brutal doom breathing new life into doom

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Doom always had a map editor. It was just absolutly insane to try and actually use it.

Looking forward to fallout 4, trying desperately to save up the money for a new computer by the end of October; if I can actually quit smoking I _might_ just be able to play fallout 4 when it's released.

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
As far as Doom, I'll forgive that it resembles Doom 3 and Quake 4 a little and has that high gloss look as long as the shotgun has that addictive feel like the original Doom and can be used in any situation.

From the look of it (0:58) that might be the case.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
I think I will buy Dishonored 2 at launch, right after I hear the reviews. I don't think it will be bad gameplay wise or length wise, but I have been burned before by other studios (Borderlands The Pre Sequel by 2K Aus).

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I think Doom will fail, much like Duke Nukem.

These days people expect more than just killing monsters, Doom was a great concept back in the day but i wonder if it can compete with todays shooters, be it CoD of Battlefield or whatever else.

Epif

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2015
Scrolls Online is irrelevant to most of the fanbase anyway. Maybe Bethesda is just scared that they can't top Skyrim.

They're busy working on Fallout 4 right now. ES 6 will come some time after, but it is Fallout's turn right now.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002

They're busy working on Fallout 4 right now. ES 6 will come some time after, but it is Fallout's turn right now.

I'm ok with waiting for ES6 if they're working on Fallout 4 instead... but I hope none of their team are wasting time on ESO.

Caanis Lupus

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Yeah I bought into the online version(collector's edition after playing the beta) and canceled after 4 months. Story wise I was so sad at the repetitiveness for each class/race combo.

Jazzed about Fallout 4, looks pretty damn nice.

I watched it live. They clearly had a different presentation ready. They were ready to sell all of you user created mods, but we all know how that went.

Doom looks linear and scripted. Maybe flashy graphics at release, but not much else. It's still a corridor runner, even if you can see the sky.

Dishonored, never finished, put me to sleep. Maybe 2 will be better.

Fallout 4 is trying to be 100 games in one. The voice acting and story will be a total let down, but it'll have a 100 different ways to spend your time in it.

Took a payoff from Apple to make what might be the best mobile game ever made, and I'm an android user, so obviously I hate everything they do now /s

Tierney11290

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I like the people complaining about ESO. It's not a failure, no one gave it a chance (go ahead with the downvotes). The game is doing well on both PC and consoles and there is no wasting time on it as it is bringing in plenty of revenue. Plenty of people are extremely satisfied with it and wishing they hadn't doubted it.

Also, Bethesda is NOT working on it, Zenimax Online Studios is. This is how it always has been, not sure why people keep complaining to Bethesda about it. ES VI will not be halted because of ESO, but it WILL be for Fallout 4, just as it has in the past. They always swap releases on them. I am convinced that ES VI will be the best in the series (Skyrim really wasn't that great compared to the others, but great with mods).

As for Doom, I think it will be great. Looks quite a bit different from the others, but in a good way. Glad they went this direction rather than the continuing with Doom 4.

Never got into Dishonored due to time constraints, but might have to pick it back up again after seeing Dishonored 2!

alextheblue

Distinguished

Hey they've been working on a lot of stuff. I'm sure they've started. Fallout 4 has been in development for years (and looks fantastic). Seems like there's lots of new games to keep me busy for some time, at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.