Question Big Issues with PC and gaming (high ping and CPU usage) ?

Jul 17, 2024
For the past two weeks, I have been experiencing very high ping in specific games (500-1500ms) and high ping on other games. CPU usage on all applications is also increased. Before, while playing high end games It would never be this high, but now whilst playing even the simplest games my CPU usage is up to 95% and even sometimes 100%. Other applications like ones for contact have also been malfunctioning aswell.

In these past weeks, I have tried a lot to fix this, for example, checking for firewall interfiercance, checking to see for vpns, virus checking, restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling affected apps, Optimizing, limiting background apps, clearing cache and computer junk etc. Before I thought it was a problem with the games themselves, but now I'm pretty sure it's the PC. Basically all of the parts are 5 years old, and at the time were basically the best commercially available computer parts. Here are some things I think I should mention,

1. When I joined a Japan server in a game, my ping was comparatively better, but still pretty bad (again, I don't have a VPN active)
2. I updated network drivers to no effect.
3. I use ethernet cables.
4. Windows 11
5. CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

I have no idea what could be wrong with my PC, so my question is; Does anyone here know what could be wrong? and what could I do to fix it?

For the past two weeks, I have been experiencing very high ping in specific games (500-1500ms) and high ping on other games. CPU usage on all applications is also increased. Before, while playing high end games It would never be this high, but now whilst playing even the simplest games my CPU usage is up to 95% and even sometimes 100%. Other applications like ones for contact have also been malfunctioning aswell.

In these past weeks, I have tried a lot to fix this, for example, checking for firewall interfiercance, checking to see for vpns, virus checking, restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling affected apps, Optimizing, limiting background apps, clearing cache and computer junk etc. Before I thought it was a problem with the games themselves, but now I'm pretty sure it's the PC. Basically all of the parts are 5 years old, and at the time were basically the best commercially available computer parts. Here are some things I think I should mention,

1. When I joined a Japan server in a game, my ping was comparatively better, but still pretty bad (again, I don't have a VPN active)
2. I updated network drivers to no effect.
3. I use ethernet cables.
4. Windows 11
5. CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

I have no idea what could be wrong with my PC, so my question is; Does anyone here know what could be wrong? and what could I do to fix it?
Hey there,

Let's start by listing your full PC spec.

What ISP service do you have and what seeds.

Is this connected by wifi or cable to router?

Jul 17, 2024
Hey there,

Let's start by listing your full PC spec.

What ISP service do you have and what seeds.

Is this connected by wifi or cable to router?
SPECS
  • AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3600 Processor, 6-core / 12-thread @ 3.6GHz, 32MB L3 Cache
  • 24 GB memory
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650W power supply
  • 6GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GDDR5 video card
  • 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
ISP - COX (250 mbps
Connect cable to router
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
SPECS
  • AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3600 Processor, 6-core / 12-thread @ 3.6GHz, 32MB L3 Cache
  • 24 GB memory
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650W power supply
  • 6GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GDDR5 video card
  • 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
ISP - COX (not sure what a seed is
Connect cable to router
Thanks for the help
I think 'speed' not 'seed' was meant. What speeds to you get with speedtest.net?