G

Alright this problem is killing me..I just built a asusa7m266 with 1.0ghz and I am running win2k..I took out an riva tnt ultra2 out of my gateway 2k computer...The problem is this..I installed the nvidia ref drivers and first im not getting the nvidia control panel under my display..Well anyway..every things good with the card..Im getting my refresh rates the drivers look right..however whenever i play any game at all...I can only use software because no games can detect a 3d card...whats going on?......

Thanks

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
How many times have you installed it. You may want to enadble IRQ for display device, enadble AGP as primary Video, and sellect 64 MB as the AGP apiture size. Also, you may want to find out if Gateway did something to your card so that it would only play on their system with their config.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Older games like NSF-III do not recognize newer nVidia cards. For NSF-III you must go into the NSF-III folder, select 3D Device Setup, and pick D3D Device 1. I'm sure there are other EA games with that problem, and other makers probably do similar.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

I figured it out....I took out the card completely...installed a standard vga driver and the reinstalled the drivers..it works..I got a geforce 2 ultra card coming today..so start over!!!