santanuroy

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
My machine randomly shuts off. When restarted by me, it fails to boot, and cannot find the windows boot manager. My Windows boot manager is installed on a XPG M.2 2280 GAMMIX 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD. When I enter the BIOS manually, the BIOS fails to recognise the NVMe SSD. There is one more SATA SSD (Samsung 860 EVO, 500 GB) and another HDD (WD, 1 TB) attached to the MB, and the BIOS shows them. Then when I power off the UPS also and turn on the machine after 30 minutes or so, the NVMe SSD again shows up in the BIOS. When I try to boot, most of the time Windows Diagnostics and Repair starts. There after gibberish images appear and the machine restarts. Only occasionally, the machine boots properly, only to randomly shut off again. The only way to boot in to Windows from the startup repair with certainty, is to boot Windows in safe mode. I have attached some photos of what shows up on the monitor.The MB, RAM (Corsair, 16 GB CMK16GX4M1D3000C16) and the CPU (Ryzen 7 3700X, 100-100000071BOX) was purchased in July, 2020. This problem started occurring from September, 2020. I've tried updating the BIOS from native one to F2 to F3 then to F10 from GIGABYTE MB links. I've also updated all the MB and related drivers, but the problem persists.

Please help. I am in serious trouble.

I have added a few images of what I saw on the monitor here.

PS: I had Windows 10 installed on the HDD earlier in another machine. I installed fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro on the NVMe SSD.

Product Name: MotherboardGigabyte B550 GAMING X (1.0)
BIOS Ver: F10
Drives:XPG M.2 2280 GAMMIX 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB and WD HDD 1 TB
GPU Brand: Sapphire
GPU Model: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Operating System: Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Windows 10 version: 20H2
Memory Brand: Corsair
Memory Size: 16 GB DDR4
Power Supply: VS550
CPU Part No.: 100-100000071BOX
Memory Part No.: CMK16GX4M1D3000C 16

Solution
it could be the ssd own fault, here on my country adata xpg is almost being avoided eventho theyre cheap, for a personal builder, bcs many probs exist like yours. if it does detect both of your deive execpt nvme then its mostly the nvme drive fault. if youre in a budget you could grab any nvme from klevv, team, wd, samsung, since their durability and performance is pretty decent based on my research around my country. klevv c710 256gb is dramless but it got 2GB/s seq. write and 1.6GB/s read, should be enough for a really tight budget nvme.
it could be the ssd own fault, here on my country adata xpg is almost being avoided eventho theyre cheap, for a personal builder, bcs many probs exist like yours. if it does detect both of your deive execpt nvme then its mostly the nvme drive fault. if youre in a budget you could grab any nvme from klevv, team, wd, samsung, since their durability and performance is pretty decent based on my research around my country. klevv c710 256gb is dramless but it got 2GB/s seq. write and 1.6GB/s read, should be enough for a really tight budget nvme.

Solution