Bios Flash Gone Wrong 6950-6970

foxtrot08

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Ok, so i dont know what i did, and i am stupid. But i tried flashing my 6950 to 6970 and it failed.

I dont know if it was a big deal or not to try and flash a single card while there was 2x 6950 in crossfire mode.

I was in MSDOS trying the method to

atiflash -f -p -0 6970.bin

but it didnt want to work, so i tried

atiflash -f -p 0 6970.bin

Without the (-) on the (0)

and it started flashing it.

Restarted my computer and now my computer turns on with no display, doesnt even get to the Screen where it shows the type of Mobo you have, and it shuts off for like 3 seconds and turns back on automatically and the process repeats.

Then i took out the 1st card and left my 2nd one in the slot, and it works. So im guessing something happened to my 1st card. Is there anyway to undo this?

foxtrot08

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Should i try that? or should i wait for a more help? i have an old geforce gpu card that i can use just in case what you said fails. Do you think that would work? I mean...having a nvidia in the 1st slot and the bad Radeon card in the 2nd?

That sounds like the safest way to experiment if you ask me! Like I said before I've not tried it as the the last time I flashed a card there was only the one AGP slot on the board so if it went wrong you were boned but these days although things are slightly different I'm wary of flashing graphic cards due to some of the limitations that MSDOS might have.

foxtrot08

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Ill try right now and let you know immediately

Update 1:

HEY. Just to let you know, it has worked successfully. I was able to flash back to the original bios using my Nvidia Geforce GFX while the bad ATI Radeon card was in the 2nd slot. Also, it wouldnt let me force flash slot 1, so i use a command to detect slot 1 and it didnt detect anything. And when i did it with slot 0, it detected the bad card. Now i need to find a proper guide to flash it correctly.

Sweet! I'm happy to hear that you got your card up and running again it's also good to know that you could use an Nivdia card as the primary, so I guess it would also work the other way round as well.