BIOS Freezes (windows boots without a problem)

Mar 19, 2018
BIOS Freezes (windows boots without a problem)

https://prnt.sc/iur1a5 here's a photo of it theres also those black lines over some of the options

My hardware is:
gpu:rx460 2gb sapphire
cpu:g4560
mobo:msi b250m pro-vd

Kingston SSD 240gb Seagate Barracuda HDD
Power supply segotep 550W

Is the mother board defective or something

UPDATE:now it works for 5 seconds in BIOS and it restarts some times it restarts other times it just freezes

Solution
BIOS freezes/graphical oddities are a sign of failing motherboard or failing graphics card. I would try removing the graphics card and seeing if the issue occurs using the integrated graphics. If you get BIOS freezes with integrated graphics I would do a CMOS reset followed by replacing the motherboard or RMA.
I neither cannot see your photo - seems that the page need some login or something.

Anyway - check your cmos battery isn't dying. Just replace it anyway and see where it goes and if the problem gies away. If not, try clearing the cmos (after new battery)

Mar 19, 2018

just update it here https://prnt.sc/iur1a5 . So I open the BIOS if i start clicking around on options and stuff it restarts if it just open it and leave it for a few seconds it freezes

Mar 19, 2018

I just updated the it https://prnt.sc/iur1a5 it was like this when I first turned my PC on so is it possible it came with a bad battery or something?

fagetti

Notable
Mar 1, 2018
Its 3.3v battery cr2032 just replace it if you dont have multimeter.

Download newest bios from manufactor sure and flash it with antivirus and firewall off. Even if its same version reflash it.

If that wont work some boards have backup bios look manual.

Replacing or reflashing bios chip is last option.

jr9

Estimable
BIOS freezes/graphical oddities are a sign of failing motherboard or failing graphics card. I would try removing the graphics card and seeing if the issue occurs using the integrated graphics. If you get BIOS freezes with integrated graphics I would do a CMOS reset followed by replacing the motherboard or RMA.

Solution
Mar 19, 2018

by flashing it you mean like putting it on a usb going to the boot menu and selecting that usb or im getting something wrong (sorry kind of a newbie at these stuff still learning).

Mar 19, 2018

I removed my GPU and the BIOS worked 100% fine without anything unusual so is it a motherboard or a GPU problem or both i have no problems gaming/surfing the web in windows 10 with the GPU the only thing I've had a problem with is the freezing BIOS.

Mar 19, 2018

Yep I was really hyped when I put everything together and never bother to see what was the problem with the BIOS didn't have any problems gaming/surfing the web. So if im going to look for a refund/replacement you suggest I go with the motherboard? Ty for the solution btw <3

jr9

Estimable
If updating the BIOS doesn't help I'd RMA or return it personally if it wasn't already put together and running fine outside BIOS. Freezing in BIOS while on integrated graphics is a pretty bad sign but generally freezing will also happen inside Windows. I'd return it if you got it from Amazon or another retailer and are within the return Window I'd send it back. MSI is known to make returns difficult. If not I don't think it would be worth the hassle. If it starts freezing down the road in games or Windows then I'd replace the board.