[SOLVED] Bios is in Chinese and Freezes

Jul 21, 2019
I built my PC and have a B450m Tomahawk, and when I go to boot it up and go to the BIOS, everything is in Chinese and after a few seconds of trying to click around it freezes up, I have a video but don’t know how to link it on to here.

Solution
Order fulfilled by Newegg means it IS a third party seller, usually. Otherwise, it would simply say Sold and shipped by Newegg. Fulfilled by Newegg is generally indicative of a third party seller that allows Newegg to process and ship the products that they themselves supply to Newegg for fulfillment as they don't have their own fulfillment centers or a retail presence significant enough to be competitive or even known.
Did you buy this board new? If so, I would suggest that you contact MSI because if you got a Chinese version of that board it needs to be replaced with the correct version for your region. If you bought it from an official online retailer, then contact them. There is nothing anybody can do for you if you have recevied a board that isn't correct for the region since you won't be able to understand anything in order to know what settings are for what, including changing the language.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=264439.0

Jul 21, 2019
Did you buy this board new? If so, I would suggest that you contact MSI because if you got a Chinese version of that board it needs to be replaced with the correct version for your region. If you bought it from an official online retailer, then contact them. There is nothing anybody can do for you if you have recevied a board that isn't correct for the region since you won't be able to understand anything in order to know what settings are for what, including changing the language.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=264439.0
I got it brand new from NewEgg, and it was actually a replacement because the last board did the exact same thing and they said exactly what you just said so I’m not sure if there’s a different problem or if I’m just super unlucky and have gotten 2 Chinese boards in a row

Last edited by a moderator:
That's for damn sure.

Doesn't really matter what the problem is with it, if there is one, so long as it is in Chinese it is useless to you. You might try resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for five minutes and then putting it back and trying to boot it up. If it is STILL in Chinese after that, then it is simply a regionally wrong product, rather than a setting. I'd bet you a hundred dollars they sent you back the exact same board you sent them. I've seen it at least twenty or thirty times here, and maybe three times myself, where they've sent back the exact same faulty product claiming to have replaced it. Bunch of idiots at Newegg.

Jul 21, 2019
That's for damn sure.

Doesn't really matter what the problem is with it, if there is one, so long as it is in Chinese it is useless to you. You might try resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for five minutes and then putting it back and trying to boot it up. If it is STILL in Chinese after that, then it is simply a regionally wrong product, rather than a setting. I'd bet you a hundred dollars they sent you back the exact same board you sent them. I've seen it at least twenty or thirty times here, and maybe three times myself, where they've sent back the exact same faulty product claiming to have replaced it. Bunch of idiots at Newegg.
So do you think I should just ask for a refund and buy it elsewhere?

Order fulfilled by Newegg means it IS a third party seller, usually. Otherwise, it would simply say Sold and shipped by Newegg. Fulfilled by Newegg is generally indicative of a third party seller that allows Newegg to process and ship the products that they themselves supply to Newegg for fulfillment as they don't have their own fulfillment centers or a retail presence significant enough to be competitive or even known.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS