Question BIOS messed up on Acer AN517-41-R0RZ laptop ?

Jul 2, 2023
BJhTAcc.png
5SibIZR_d.webp

WrbQh7c.jpg

My acer laptop is messed up. I replaced the screen or did something just from messing with it and the bios is not loading. No acer logo. If I have to I will solder a new bios chip. What should I do…

Jul 2, 2023
Why do you think the BIOS is faulty?

Why did you replace the display?
Does ean external monitor work?
this is an acer nitro laptop. It displays from the ryzen cpu which has its own graphics. If the laptop cant even show the acer logo or bios then there is a problem with the motherboard. The screen does light up so the problem isn’t the new display. There is no signal because the bios is the very first thing that loads. Many laptops have bios crisis recovery, like the pictures I attached. I had no luck with the crisis recovery. The next step would be find someone that could soughter a new bios chip on the specific revision of motherboard my laptop has.

Jul 2, 2023
this is an acer nitro laptop. It displays from the ryzen cpu which has its own graphics. If the laptop cant even show the acer logo or bios then there is a problem with the motherboard. The screen does light up so the problem isn’t the new display. There is no signal because the bios is the very first thing that loads. Many laptops have bios crisis recovery, like the pictures I attached. I had no luck with the crisis recovery. The next step would be find someone that could soughter a new bios chip on the specific revision of motherboard my laptop has.
The bios on Optimus laptops with no mux switch will always only show through the motherboard display connected not the hdmi which goes through the rtx 3060 chip

Jul 2, 2023
did you try an external monitor though? press f9 while booting

a blank screen can result from bad RAM or HDD/SSD as well, remove the drives and on RAM or replace if possible
Optimus laptops, will absolutely not show the bios through the Hdmi port. The laptop, has a ryzen cpu with dedicated graphics. The bios will not show through the Hdmi port which is connected to the rtx 3060 gpu. The Hdmi port will only show anything if windows loads, with a functioning bios. A bios is the very root of what loads the devices on any computer. I don’t think I am crazy, because the motherboard provides power to the built in display, which lights up, but since there is no brain, or a corrupt bios, it doesn’t matter what display output I use because there is no root loading of anything. I need help reflashing the bios, through bios crisis recovery, which I am smart enough to do the research and understand the basics, but need help because I don’t want to spend $700 on acer out of warranty support, which is probably terrible anyways. I already reseated the ram, the ssd works fine, I’m using it in another pc, I attached multiple screenshots of the bios crisis recovery process. My laptop can enter crisis recovery which is a feature for reflashing the bios chip in event something like this happens.

Jul 2, 2023
Optimus laptops, will absolutely not show the bios through the Hdmi port. The laptop, has a ryzen cpu with dedicated graphics. The bios will not show through the Hdmi port which is connected to the rtx 3060 gpu. The Hdmi port will only show anything if windows loads, with a functioning bios. A bios is the very root of what loads the devices on any computer. I don’t think I am crazy, because the motherboard provides power to the built in display, which lights up, but since there is no brain, or a corrupt bios, it doesn’t matter what display output I use because there is no root loading of anything. I need help reflashing the bios, through bios crisis recovery, which I am smart enough to do the research and understand the basics, but need help because I don’t want to spend $700 on acer out of warranty support, which is probably terrible anyways. I already reseated the ram, the ssd works fine, I’m using it in another pc, I attached multiple screenshots of the bios crisis recovery process. My laptop can enter crisis recovery which is a feature for reflashing the bios chip in event something like this happens.
I could ship my laptop out to someone and pay them to soughter a new bios chip without spending bank.

I understand the problem you have, not being able to see anything on the new display, but I don´t understand what the problem was before you troubleshooted and replaced it. I know that the GPU will kick in after the BIOS, but you can´t be sure that the SSD just has a boot problem (even if working in a normal PC), without trying to power on without the SSD.
The BIOS chip is usually not a problem, if you or windows update it. So was it updated or altered before?

Please just answer short yes or no, so I can go further in troubleshooting.

The suggestions I try to provide will cost you nothing and trying won´t hurt. I just want to exclude possible causes that can be made without spending money.

1st, are you sure that you are out of warranty? Acer has two years on this particular laptop

Did you try a CMOS reset yet?
Remove the cmos battery as well as the main battery and charger for about 10minutes and press the power button for about 10seconds to be sure all power is drained. Then reinstall and try powering on.

Are you sure the video cable between motherboard and display is not damaged and plugged in tightly/correctly

no USB device is plugged in

BIOS recovery:
your BIOS file is the abobios.bin, rename it to the correct name
you renamed the BIOS File to GH.... , this was just an example file name and probably not the correct one.
you will have to use a hex editor to get the correct file name for your specific model:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYqrKxua0JA

Jul 2, 2023
H
I understand the problem you have, not being able to see anything on the new display, but I don´t understand what the problem was before you troubleshooted and replaced it. I know that the GPU will kick in after the BIOS, but you can´t be sure that the SSD just has a boot problem (even if working in a normal PC), without trying to power on without the SSD.
The BIOS chip is usually not a problem, if you or windows update it. So was it updated or altered before?

Please just answer short yes or no, so I can go further in troubleshooting.

The suggestions I try to provide will cost you nothing and trying won´t hurt. I just want to exclude possible causes that can be made without spending money.

1st, are you sure that you are out of warranty? Acer has two years on this particular laptop

Did you try a CMOS reset yet?
Remove the cmos battery as well as the main battery and charger for about 10minutes and press the power button for about 10seconds to be sure all power is drained. Then reinstall and try powering on.

Are you sure the video cable between motherboard and display is not damaged and plugged in tightly/correctly

no USB device is plugged in

BIOS recovery:
your BIOS file is the abobios.bin, rename it to the correct name
you renamed the BIOS File to GH.... , this was just an example file name and probably not the correct one.
you will have to use a hex editor to get the correct file name for your specific model:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYqrKxua0JA
Sorry for the very late reply, I had just given up, anyways I opened up free hex editor neo with the file abobios.bin, searched .fd and found this:

It will not pop any message if you do not provide message string in this field.

; Supports on DOS WIN SHELL flash.
[MULTI_FD]
Flag=0
FD#01=IO,C0,5AABFE02,5AABFE02,BIOS.fd,ME.fd
FD#02=PCI,0,1F,2,80,FFFFFFFF,00007007,BIOS.fd,ME.fd
FD#03=MPCIIO,2,PCI-0-1F-0-00-FFFFFFFF-3B0B8086,IO-538-0100-0000,BIOS.fd,ME.fd
FD#04=ID,ModelName,BIOS.fd
FD#05=OS,32,32bios.bin,,32.ini
FD#06=OS,64,64bios.bin,me.bin,64.ini
FD#07=MEMORY,FF679000,FFFFFFFF,A2346578,BIOS.fd,ME.bin,config.ini
FD#08=CPUID,FFFFFFFF,000406E3,BIOS.fd,ME.bin,config.ini
;Flag

Anyways I tried multiple times with 5AABFE02.fd on the root of the usb with fat32 format, but nothing. The best my laptop did was turn on while holding fn+esc, fans full speed, restart and fans normal speed for 5 seconds then immediately shuts off. Real shame I can’t get it to boot to acer logo :(