BiOS not opening

EthanSinger

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
So I just "built" a computer and I say "built" in quotes because at this point nothing will show up on the monitor. When I press the power button, the led turns on and the fans start spinning on both the CPU and GPU. Why would the biOS not launch? I figure it has something to do with my monitor but I'm not entirely sure. Please help.

Solution

Its ok. I highly doubt both sticks and slots are bad. Next thing I would do is test the PSU...

EthanSinger

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

This is the specs sheet. The thing is that there is nothing even showing up at all which is worrying.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/MrPQ7h

So if it is not turning on then I would start with the basics. I would remove the graphics card and only try to use the IGPU (use the HDMI or DVI off the motherboard), only have use one stick on RAM, disconnect all drives (HDD, SSD, CD\DVD\BD\...), basically bare bones it. See if that helps. If not then try clearing the cmos should be a two pins (use jumper or just short them) on motherboard, it is on the bottom right corner area on your board.

EthanSinger

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

So I tried all that except for the jumping and after it didn't work, I unplugged and replugged everything. Still when I push the power button there is a small beep of two, the fans all start spinning, and an orange led appears to be glowing on the MoBo. After about ten seconds, it all stops and then starts again.

So here are what the beep codes mean:

AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error 2 short beep:Memory parity check error. 3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction . 5 short beep :CPU error 6 short beep:Keyboard error 7 short beep :CPU interruption error 8 short beep:Graphic card error 9 short beep :Memory error 10 short beep :CMOS error 11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction

So possibly Memory Error. Can you switch which RAM stick you use, and then if no luck try them in the other RAM slot and see if that helps.

EthanSinger

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Actually it's only one beep so what is "AMI BIOS"

RAM related in some way. Could be bad stick of ram, bad ram slot, ect.. Did you test each slot with each stick one at a time?

EthanSinger

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Ok so I tried every possible combo of sticks and slots and it still makes one beep then goes off and tries again.

nightslashs

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Would it be possible for you to send a picture of the RAM sticks inside of the computer?

Its ok. I highly doubt both sticks and slots are bad. Next thing I would do is test the PSU. http://www.howtogeek.com/172933/how-can-i-test-my-computers-power-supply/

One other question is did you have both the 24pin ATX and the 4pin power connected to the motherboard? Sometimes people forget about the additional 4pin connector, here is a list of ideas to try http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Solution