[SOLVED] Bios problem(need help)

Ethan20

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
Hi all. I dropped my computer a couple weeks ago and I've had this problem ever since, when I start my computer up is boots for a couple seconds,then shuts off for a couple seconds and then successfully boots on the second try. Once its loaded a bit it take me into a screen which lists all my components. Below then it says

"Please enter setup to recover bios setting. After setting up Intel®️ optane memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA Mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues. Press F1 to run set up"

I dont have a clue what's up and would appreciate any help. When I quit out of the bios the computer seems to run just fine.

Solution
Hi all. I dropped my computer a couple weeks ago and I've had this problem ever since, when I start my computer up is boots for a couple seconds,then shuts off for a couple seconds and then successfully boots on the second try. Once its loaded a bit it take me into a screen which lists all my components. Below then it says

"Please enter setup to recover bios setting. After setting up Intel®️ optane memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA Mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues. Press F1 to run set up"

I dont have a clue what's up and would appreciate any help. When I quit out of the bios the computer seems to run just fine.
Well, do you have RAID or Optane ? Better list all of your...

Well, do you have RAID or Optane ? Better list all of your components but it's possible that your CMOS/BIOS battery lost contact for a second and it got reset. See if BIOS has and option for "Factory defaults" or Performance Defaults" or something like that.

Solution

Ethan20

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
Well, do you have RAID or Optane ? Better list all of your components but it's possible that your CMOS/BIOS battery lost contact for a second and it got reset. See if BIOS has and option for "Factory defaults" or Performance Defaults" or something like that.
To be honest I'm unsure to what these are, I dont usually mess around with the bios stuff and have just left it as normal. I clicked a load optimised default and have updated my bios. Hopefully it works

To be honest I'm unsure to what these are, I dont usually mess around with the bios stuff and have just left it as normal. I clicked a load optimised default and have updated my bios. Hopefully it works
In short, RAID is way of connecting 2 or more disks to work together in some specific way.
If you don't use any of those, settings for them should be turned off in BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS