Question BIOS update broke auto overclocking......options?

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
I may not be thinking clearly regarding what I should do. I updated my Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus mb to the latest BIOS and quickly learned it was a big mistake. Afterwards the system rebooted randomly; only when I disabled the DOCP Profile 1 (which I believe is the built in memory overclock) it stopped. After spending many hours on the phone and chatting with Asus tech support, the only option is to send them my mb to revert bios. There is no backflash function on this model mb.

My options seem to be:
  • do nothing and wait for a BIOS update that fixes this (which may or may not ever happen)
  • break down system, send them the mb (who knows how long that will take)
  • do nothing and live with it until next system upgrade (CPU, MB, RAM), maybe R7 4700X
Honestly, I blame mostly me; I should have known better to 'upgrade' BIOS when the system worked fine.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
I am using an AMD R7 3700X.

I tried all methods, including removing the CMOS battery. According to the documentation on this particular mb, the bios is not revertible....which was verified with a level 2 tech. I also tried the Ctrl pin jumper and the system just hangs.

I used the internet-based utility to update, which is built in to bios.

Last edited: