[SOLVED] Bios Update-Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

Fredin

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
CPU : Ryzen 5 2400G
Mobo : Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Memory : 3000Mhz Corsair CL16 16gb (xmp)

So I was trying to undervolt my CPU lately as it's getting pretty hot. But when I went into the "Advanced Voltage Settings" in the BIOS, there were no CPU Core Voltage settings there.
I checked and my current BIOS version was F4 (around 7 updates old) while the latest is F50.
The Gigabyte page says the BIOS files are for rev 1.0 of the mother board but CPUz says that mine is rev 0.0(is that even possible?).

Also this was in the notes :

Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
Is the mobo rev an issue?
And is it okay to jump from F4 to F50 after using EC FW Update Tool? Or do I have to first install EC FW Update Tool, then install F32 and then update to F50 just to make sure that Q Flash works later on?

Edit :
I really have to fix my vcore because it looks like the auto settings in BIOS is messing <Mod Edit> up, like the core voltage goes up to like 3.75v at times. Is this caused by the Core Perfomance Boost or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf

Revision number is printed on the corner of the motherboard. I only see the one revision, (Rev 1.0), for this motherboard model.

Bios updates for the Ryzen 5 2400G past F5 are not needed. Anything higher is for newer model CPUs. Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version before updating to the F30 version BIOS.

Solution

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Then why cant I adjust my CPU VCore Voltages? Is it located somewhere else?
Do not care about the revision. Just see that the model name is same. And all you need to do is this-
1. Update to F31.
2.Then update firmware using ec fw update tool.(You just have to download, extract and then run it.)
3. Then at last update to F50.

Follow the steps in the same order as I have listed them in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fredin

Fredin

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
Do not care about the revision. Just see that the model name is same. And all you need to do is this-
1. Update to F31.
2.Then update firmware using ec fw update tool.(You just have to download, extract and then run it.)
3. Then at last update to F50.

Follow the steps in an order as I have listed them in.

Thanks, I'll try.

Fredin

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
Oh I forgot to tell about chipset update. Update it first. And do update to latest BIOS if you have dedicated GPU. It has major performance fixes.

Nah, I'm running on Vega 11 for now. But I updated to F5 and my BIOS still only has these 3 options

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/cSLUj
(2nd pic, just found a guy on reddit with my same problem)

So is my board just not capable of changing the core voltage? I mean its not a cheap board even if it's not a high end one.
Also turning the Dynamic voltages to normal seems to fix the crazy voltage hikes.
Should've gotten a Tomahawk.

Chrisfranklin6002

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
Nah, I'm running on Vega 11 for now. But I updated to F5 and my BIOS still only has these 3 options

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/cSLUj
(2nd pic, just found a guy on reddit with my same problem)

So is my board just not capable of changing the core voltage? I mean its not a cheap board even if it's not a high end one.
Also turning the Dynamic voltages to normal seems to fix the crazy voltage hikes.
Should've gotten a Tomahawk.

I've got the same board - my voltage isn't that high, I've got a 2700x...