[SOLVED] BIOS updated (B450 gaming pro carbon ac) not posting, but boots to windows

snowjunki

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2012
Hi, so I used m-flash in the bios settings and flashed it to version 7B85v1F release date: 2022-05-31

If I press del at start up, it won't boot to windows. screen never gets a signal. It takes a while, but windows boots up, and the monitor doesn't turn on until right when the windows user menu screen loads.

I've removed all usb hard drives and even tried disconnecting the hyperx mouse.

Should I try renaming the file to MSI.ROM and try flashing it using the flash button? Since it has been updated, will it even flash, or will it recognize same version and not flash?

I suspect I should try the previous BIOS version: 7B85v1C released: 2020-06-15

I'm running a 2700x and 32GB trident Z, 4 sticks

Thinking I should try booting with just 1 stick installed, but since it boots to windows, I don't know how that will help me get into the BIOS settings.

Checking out the drivers tab on msi's site, I see that there have been AMD chipset driver updates as well as the rest. Which I haven't previously downloaded and installed, so should I update all the mobo's drivers?

What would you try first?

Last edited:

snowjunki

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2012
It only won't boot to windows if I tap the del key to try and enter BIOS settings. No MSI logo or any signal delivery happens to the monitor. If I tap del, it just stays dormant and windows doesn't boot up.

So it boots to windows fine if I just leave it, but the MOBO doesn't post

Just updated the AMD chipset drivers and restarted. Same thing, directly boots to windows.

GPU is a GTX 1070 8GB with latest drivers

edit: I should clarify, that windows does seem to load reasonably fast, like approximately the same time it would take if it were loading the msi bios settings prompt before windows starts up

Last edited:

snowjunki

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2012
DP
Okay, I used an old hdmi cable, and it shows the msi load screen. Yay. Also, I feel like an idiot for not trying it first.
Thanks

Monitor is a Gigabyte 32GCQ 1440p
Might be an issue with the GPU and sending a DP signal when mobo posts? Wouldn't be an UEFI related thing would it?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS