BioShock 2 PC Shuns the Xbox 360 Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

edk128

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Yes, people understands, the mouse and keyboard are infinitely better than any other control method in every way. Except for people with HTPCs or people who prefer comfort or choice. Sometimes, I don't want to have to lean forward at my desk to play a game and instead relax and play using a controller. If I am playing singleplayer do I not deserve this?

It seems that every time I see someone wanting to play a game on the 360 gamepad in forums, someone else says "LOL. Why use a gamepad when the mouse and keyboard are more precise?!"

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
If you want to play it with the xbox controller, get the xbox version. I can't imagine playing any shooters with a slow to respond gamepad.

carpwrist

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Mouse & Keyboard usually work, but not with the Bioshock ports. The controls are far too sensitive. It's really a hindrance to the experience. It also cheapens the experience of the multiplayer to have your character (and others) violently spin and struggle to hit a target. Not even the Quake series is this ridiculous.

aapocketz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
how come this is a story? I am more sick of PC Racing games coming out that don't support Logitech G25/G27 wheels very well (Like Dirt2).

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
Pirate this game to hell and back. If these developers wanna half-ass and leave stuff out, then eff em. I have no pity for a company that releases an incomplete product then want me to shut up and pay $60 for it. It's not like an exclusive title to a certain console. This is just plain greed and not a very smart move. Greed because they want us to move to a console so their "hard work" doesn't get pirated. Not very smart, because by leaving out the support you are losing potential customers. Not very smart, because the majority aren't gonna go out and drop $300 for a console, $40 for another controller, then $50 each for the games you'd have to buy to play on it, just so they don't have to worry about controller support.

Developers whine about piracy, yet they are responsible for any buyers that now will refuse to buy this game due to lack of gamepad support. On a GFW title no less. KB/M is better for FPS's sure, but not everyone gaming on a PC thinks so. You don't see headlines with people begging for a KB and Mouse for their console so they can get the same experience as the people on PC have. Gamepad is entry level, KB/M is more advanced. Computer users aren't all loners and their are more than enough USB ports on a computer to accommodate 2 players (think NHL, Madden, etc), so you and your friend can play together.

Pirate this game to hell and back. Give em something real to whine about. Pulling the piracy card is getting as old as the race card. Do we even have SOLID SOLID SOLID evidence devs are losing insane amounts of cash due to piracy? Which brings up why devs are lazy. Have you tried to play a pirated game online? Near impossible. Devs should add some real decent online content to their games (everything online is the future if you don't live under a rock), that MAKE people want to buy their games. But what do we got? Too many games with online content or play that just sucks. Devs need to stop asking for more from us when they give us the same or less than previous years.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Can't say I like this... Sometimes I prefer to use the 360 controller. I used it with Fallout 3 for instance. It's wireless (my keyboard is not) and I have my computer hooked up to the TV. Sometimes it's just easier to use a controller while sitting on the couch than a mouse and keyboard. I also like the rumble... which seems to have completely disappeared from PC gaming devices.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
Had to add this.
DRM IS NOT WORKING and hurting legitimate buyers with install limits and mandatory internet connections. Sure a PC is almost useless at home w/o internet access, but online contant isn't stellar on most titles so now you get to lose even more money. Instead of using protections that DON'T work, why not take a year if you have to, to come up with something that DOES?! Again, if piracy is hurting you so bad, how is this helping your sales? I wanna see some numbers that show it is working. And I don't mean a little, I mean a lot. If it's not a lot then GET RID OF THE COPY PROTECTIONS YOU MORONS! It's laziness. Devs want to release crap and still expect $50 for it. Not me, and not a lot of people online are going for it. I've yet to read a headline that says DRM is working on a large and noticeable scale. When it does happen, someone wake me up...

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Well, if enough people are really upset over this, I'm sure someone will program their own patch for it and release it to the masses. That's the beauty of PC gaming, user-generated content/changes.

Unless it's a L4D1/2 mod, cause they generally suck :p.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I wouldn't have bought this game anyways so I say they aren't losing any money to pirates. I'm wondering what all the hype is about, so I'm trying it out. It's just like the first one. It's an alright game.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i dont intend on playing with a gamepad, but the entire in-game UI seems ripped from the console version. it sure as hell doesn't seem designed for a keyboard and mouse.

their excuse seems like a shoddy attempt to cover up laziness.

pfroo40

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
These days games are typically written for a console and ported to PC. I can't imagine it would be very difficult to carry over a "console mode", where people can choose to play a version that is virtually identical to the 360 version. I have both a high end gaming pc with a monitor etc as well as a very powerful HTPC connected to a much larger 1080p display and have a 360 wireless controller. Some games, single player at least, I prefer playing on my HTPC. Other games, multiplayer and clicky RPGs I prefer my gaming rig. Why should I have to buy a console, plus the console version of games, just to get the gaming experience that really should be included as an optional playstyle in the PC version?

Status
Not open for further replies.