Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015
Hello guys!
Rig:
-motherboard: Biostar G31-M7 TE
-cpu upgrage: P4 3Ghz --> E8400 @3Ghz -1333
-ram upgrade: Elixir 1Gb+2Gb --> Samsung 2x2Gb 800mhz
-hard drives: dvdrom IDE + hdd SATA

• After doing these upgrades, my MoBo didn't see the SATA hdd.
    I changed the ports from Sata 4 to Sata 3 and the Windows successfully
    1st day- After Windows 7 finished installing updates, it worked well and nice for 5 hours then I shut off the PC
    2nd day- Turned on PC -> very slow boot , and after 1 hour I got "memory error xxxxxxxx", PC turned off
    3rd time- Changed Sata 3 back to Sata 4 -> PC can recognize SATA Hdd, but after 1 hour I get the same message "memory error xxxxxx" -> PC shuts off and restores to its default state in BIOS and SATA hdd doesn't get recognized (only Floppy)

What is the problem with this MoBo ? Should I expect to do that again (not see SATA hdd) ?
Should I upgrade chip controller drivers?

jd3rul

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015

I do not have the latest BIOS.
MoBo drivers I think got installed auto by Windows 7 : at the first startup after upgrading, W7 asked me to restart pc after some updates.

jd3rul

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015
Still I did not manage to upgrade bios/drivers, But I plugged off the PC over the night and today booted again successfuly. It had worked for 2 hours and now I can not see IDE or SATA ports. BIOS only recognizes and shows me the floppy disk .

Is that possible to be the firmware upgrade problem or a hardware problem(cpu/ram)?