BitFenix Announces New Prodigy M Micro-ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Because this site really doesn't have enough spam already... I hope in includes a ban on second-hand spammers (people who quote spam)

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

And what about people quoting people who quoted spammers?

what about people who quote people who quoted the people who quoted the spammers quoting them selves?

Unless Tom's blocked ALL new members and put them on probation, it is VERY hard to keep the spammers out. That or block entire blocks of IP addresses(something that would be easy to bypass).

It is not like this is the only forum to get hit with all this junk.

I can ensure you many mods try to stay on top of it and a system to auto flag spam is in place. It still needs a person to ensure it is spam and not just another poster linking a website to buy a product/download a program in an article or similar.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to imply that blocking spammers is easy or that Tom's is the only place that gets infected.

However, places like Funnyjunk and 4chan have done a great job at eradicating them. Although 4chan still gets one or two spammers, on occasion. You never see spammers on Funnyjunk, though. Admin has done a great job with it.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Can this version accept fully modular 160mm length psu? The first prodigy only accepted 140mm length psu's if u wanted modular design. I could only find 1 650 watt silverstone psu that was fully modular and 140mm in length with at least 2x 8 pin pci-e power connectors. Sure you could fit 160mm psu's but then u had tons of unused cable throughout the whole case.

mapwheel

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Am I the only one who is really disappointed in the Prodigy line? With everything I read about them, I was expecting the second coming of mini-ITX Jesus, and when I finally got my hands on one, it was one of the most flimsy, plasticy cases I've ever seen.

DanielJozsef

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Airflow in this case goes against common sense, from top to bottom... While at first the idea of pushing air out at the bottom, and thus avoiding the vacuum cleaner effect (ie. all the dust ending up inside the case), seemed exciting, after some thought, it's the recipe for hot pockets.
So I started thinking what could be done to convert it to a more conventional, bottom-to-top, front-to-back airflow... And it's not that hard. You need a fanless PSU, is all! Get one that has ventilation holes on the back as well, which will be the top in this case. Also, flip the huge fan on the bottom of the case to pull air upwards. Add a rear exhaust fan to aid the CPU cooler (which should now be regular front-to-back), there done!

g-unit1111

Titan

A couple of months ago, one of the administrators traced a block of spammers back to the downtown Los Angeles area. That would be pretty hard to administer an area wide IP ban since I'd be among the affected. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.