BitFenix Unveils Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic LED Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
"daisy-chainable"

Someone should have checked if chainable was even a word. (Pro tip: it's not.) Even my browser's built-in spell check flags it. The term daisy chain isn't hyphenated, either.

Correction I would have made: can be daisy chained

Thinking back on the time I spent as a freelance editor for Tom's News, I can honestly say that if the pay had equaled the time and effort required to edit articles here, I might still hold that position.

Larry Litmanen: I would agree, but there's one caveat: aluminum cases.

CROOKID & alidan: I prefer to use 3M/Scotch #4010 or #411/DC tape.

InvalidError

Titan

Some people like having flashy rigs.

Personally, my PC is just a dark box sitting under my desk. Out of sight, out of mind, except for the air filter cleaning every other month or so. The fewer the superfluous case opening and lights, the better for me. The ideal case for me would be an Antec 300v1 with the v2's motherboard tray, the v2's drive trays, blank side panels (no vents or windows), blank top and a front-accessible air filter.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
RGB or GTFO!!

After setting up the Corsair Commander Mini with RGB LED strips to change colour according to my GPU temps I will nevre go back to a single colour theme rig.

I like the magnetic solution though, I had to use my own 3M tape to hold up me LEDs.

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
These will be great for folks with steel cases. I feel sorry for the Aluminum case folks though. The adhesive's don't stick to matte paints too well either.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008

The 3M tapes I mentioned stick to damn near everything. I've even used them on brick. They're pliable and peel off easily, too.

I'm not interested in a flashy rig, but if these are priced reasonably, they might be great for jury-rigging for low-voltage indirect lighting in cabinets, shelves, or lots of other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.