Question Bizarre display issue, only resolves by minimizing and maximizing (picture and video attached)

Sep 22, 2020
Since last night after installing a minor update I've had this infuriating display issue.

When I'm on any window, horizontal white lines will suddenly appear on top of the screen and I'll be unable to move the mouse and the screen will be frozen.

I can only move the mouse at the very top of the screen above the bars where I have to minimize and maximize the window for it to work again. This happens repeatedly regardless of application and it also leaves the text of the previous page printed on the screen and still visible even if I change windows.

So far I've refreshed the graphics driver and ensured my display drivers are up to date but it still keeps appearing.

I'm using an ASUS TUF laptop with Windows 10.

Here's a picture of what it looks like.
A 20 second clip of the problem. (Ignore the dead pixels from the camera)

Sep 22, 2020
Freezes up though I can still move the mouse above the horizontal bars to change minimize and maximize the window which I've never experienced before.

Yeah, I had minor ASUS updates the other day as well as upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004