Question Bizarre Monitor Screen Scaling Issue

Rocketlucco

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
At work I was using a 3 monitor setup just fine. The work computer video card is just an Intel HD Graphics 530, which is probably built into the motherboard and only has 3 ports: 2 displayport & 1 VGA. I recently got a new larger monitor so I switched things around. My monitor's resolutions are 2560x1400 x2 & 1900x1200.

My new set up has caused an issue with the monitor on the right, which is now using a VGA (previously was using displayport --> HDMI). The monitor's native resolution is 1900x1200. The first issue was that this display resolution just wasn't present and at max I could select 1900x1080. At this resolution everything would display/scale fine, but it just clearly wasn't the correct resolution. Then without me changing anything, suddenly the next day the monitor was displaying in 1900x1200, however the leftmost horizontal portion of the screen is cut off. I cannot seeing the beginning of the taskbar at all and if I minimize any program, I cannot see the icons. If I move my mouse from the center monitor to the left monitor or vice versa, I get a good 2 seconds worth of time where the mouse is not present on either screen. When I hit "identify Monitor" in display settings, no number appears on the monitor, because I guess it would be in that bottom left corner.

This issue remains present no matter what resolution I switch to. I've tried switching using Windows' display settings and also the intel graphic settings software that is installed on the PC. I also fooled around with the screen scaling options in the Intel graphics software to no avail. I tried moving the display's position around in display settings, making it the leftmost or center monitor, and the problem persists in that the left side of the screen is absent/cut off. I even tried to manually move the screen image using the monitor settings menu on the device that you access via touching the monitor itself, and no matter how much I horizontally moved the screen to the right, the issue never resolved. I was never able to see the beginning of the taskbar. One other thing I tried was buying a new VGA cable, but it did not change anything.

I don't really have the ability to uninstall/reinstall graphic drivers since it's a work computer. If this is what is needed I could ask tech support to come do it. I'm hoping there is an easier way to resolve this I'm missing.

Thanks

Rocketlucco

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Unfortunately, because it's a work computer I don't access to Motherboard/bios information. In terms of monitors: Iiyama Prolite E2607WS is the monitor that is giving an issue. The other two monitors are a BENQ GW2765 & an LG monitor