Question Bizzare boot problem ?

bobbogart

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I have a Core i5-11400 cpu in a brand new ASUS mobo, Z590-P. I just replaced the mobo, it was an MSI Z590.
The boot drive is an M.2 PCIe SSD. It was also just replaced. So I have a new mobo and a new boot disk.
The reason for the changes is that over the prior several months booting the system from off was getting more and more problematic. Once booted it runs just great. However I noticed that at first it would not boot once in awhile, then it would not boot more frequently. I had to either push the reset button or turn off and turn on the system multiple times until it would finally boot. If I leave it on, all is good. In the morning it is just sitting there fat dumb and happy. If I turn it off or reset it or reboot it then the process repeats. It almost never boots the first time. If I had any hair I would have pulled it out by now.

So to recap, I have replaced the M.2 drive - no change.
I then replaced the mobo - no change.
Can it be the CPU? is that the next thing to replace? It can't be RAM can it?
Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Since it runs perfectly once booted, trying to diagnose what is wrong seems to be replace and see but I am stumped at this point.

bobbogart

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

Try a new CMOS battery just as a matter of elimination.
Thanks for the response. The PSU is about 2 years old. It is a Cougar CMX 700w. I only use the computer for website design and browsing. No gaming. No video editing. The CMOS battery should not be an issue since I swapped mobos with no effect.
OS is W11.
ASUS Z590-P mobo
Corsair DDR4 2x8GB, 3200MHz Vengeance LPX
SK hynix PCIe M.2 brand new

bobbogart

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Removed graphics card. Connected monitor to system via HDMI to DVI cable. Booted first time. Tried several reboots. First time all the time. Guess it was the graphics card but not sure how or why? ????