Black Ops 2 framerate drop while ADS'ing

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I noticed a major flaw today while playing. While hip firing I'm at a steady 60fps. Once I Aim Down Sights my frames drop low 40's even the high 30's. Please don't give me the whole "crappy console port" as the game had it's own PC development team. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

EDIT: I found the answer on the Call of Duty forums. It has to do with your "Field of Depth" setting. I dropped it from High to Low and my FPS are sitting pretty at 60 without any drops. 1920x1080 All settings High except Field Of View.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

I was just on the BO2 forums and saw that the exact same problem. Might have been you Brett lol. It just appears to be a gameplay glitch specific to the PC. A large gameplay / performance patch will come out today or first thing tomorrow.

Hi :)

It wasn't me, i am still stuck on that damn horse lol :(

All the best Brett :)

Tried that, cannot get to horse before Woods...stuck in sand again :( .. no matter how many times I restart the mission :(

Think i am going to have to wait for the patch...

i guess your talking about the first part of the mission where you meet the afgans at the budda... i was refering to after that when you go to there base and the mission starts...
try loading that mission from the main menu instead of continuing from the previous save.

Phew thanks to you I am finally moving lol....

For any others.... I DIDN'T mount the horse, i ran out into the sand until it said I had abandoned my mission, then I died , next time it worked :)

Many thanks Hexit :) :) :)

TRENDING THREADS