[SOLVED] Black screen after bios

Sep 17, 2020
So I have a odd issue and one that I cannot find a answer to anywhere. I have a Aorus b550 elite motherboard, A GTX 1650 super, A Ryzen 5 3600x, A gamemax 700w psu and 16 gb 3200mhz Ramsticks. This didn't use to be a issue but one day after turning xmp on after noticing for some reason it was off, after I changed my bios settings and booted to windows black screen but pc was on.

I tried unplugging my GPU and putting it in a different pci slot. Nothing. Tried putting it back in the original, nothing, tried switching cables, and well nothing. I turned my pc on out of desperation and suddenly it works and GPU works fine.

Now this has happened to me twice and I am scared to go into the bios settings for fear that I wont get the display working anymore. I should note that I have my monitors plugged in with DP and Hdmi and both didn't work at the time of failure.

Also I should note that when I had the black screen my computer did turn on the fans and heatsink fan were spinning and so was my GPU fans. My RAM sticks were lighting up as well. The weird thing is though now my computer runs fine I can turn it on and off its just only the bios settings where things mess up. Should I do something with my motherboard? or is it GPU related?