Oct 9, 2021
Hello! I'm flustered by what's happening, and after speaking to multiple people no one seems to have a definite fix or even a diagnosis, any help would be greatly appreciated! Also tried searching this issue, found some similar ones but none of their solutions seemed to have helped, at least from what I've seen.

To start, I've had no prior issues with my rig as it's only two years old, I've kept good care of it and have always tried my best to keep it working smoothly. But leading up to the Battlefield 2042 launch I decided to finally upgrade my mouse (previously had the 2014 Razer Naga) and got the new Naga X by Razer, I'm unsure if this is correlated, but the timing just seems so undeniable, out of the box the mouse essentially lagged my entire computer when any application ran, I had to turn down the polling rate from 1000hz to 500 just to make it smooth which was odd as my last mouse had 1000 as well. But on the same day as I got the mouse, I played some of the Battlefield beta and streamed, sure enough after 5 hours or so my computer lost both displays, I heard audio fine, but hitting any key would ding as if there was an error. Strangely enough I could hear my friends and they could hear me and as I hit my keys, even with Windows seemingly dinging me saying I couldn't perform any actions, I was still able to play the game by what my friends told me, just my screens went black. Ultimately had to force restart, I initially thought it may be a bug revolving around the Battlefield Beta, but then it happened in Valorant, then it kept happening but now it just seems to happen more often only a day later, to the point I can't even play a full match. I've tried everything I could think of from uninstalling my old mouse drivers, to uninstalling graphics drivers and redownloading them, to even taking the mouse out and putting my old one back in. Nothing seems to work! I ran 3DMark and everything ran fine, temps were normal, went through FurMark and let that run for awhile, everything looked great on there too! Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Just to add, this only happens when playing a game, even the most undemanding games I own)

My PC specs are as follows

Intel Core i9-9900ks 5.0GHz

MSI H310M GAMING PLUS

2 16gb Corsair DDR4-2400

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB

750 Watt Gamdias Astrape M1

Also 500gb SSD, 3tb HDD, and a 2tb NVMe drive

Thank you again,

Quintin

Solution
1)Completely uninstall the Razer Synapse software. Sometimes closing this stuff doesn't do enough.
The mouse may not behave optimally, but just bear with it while you test games.

2)Download and run Msi Afterburner.
Un-link Power and Temperature Limits. There should a chain link type icon next to them. Click on it, then click on the Power Limit slider, drag it all the way down, and click Apply.
Test games.

Extras: At the end of the day, 3D Mark consists of benchmarks. Many games don't actually behave like them, thus the best stress test for games is the games themselves.
Ditto for Furmark - it's further off from actual games than 3D Mark's benchmarks are. It is useful for checking how good the gpu's cooler is though.

"Intel Core...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Completely uninstall the Razer Synapse software. Sometimes closing this stuff doesn't do enough.

Un-link Power and Temperature Limits. There should a chain link type icon next to them. Click on it, then click on the Power Limit slider, drag it all the way down, and click Apply.
Test games.

Extras: At the end of the day, 3D Mark consists of benchmarks. Many games don't actually behave like them, thus the best stress test for games is the games themselves.
Ditto for Furmark - it's further off from actual games than 3D Mark's benchmarks are. It is useful for checking how good the gpu's cooler is though.

"Intel Core i9-9900ks 5.0GHz + MSI H310M GAMING PLUS"
This combination isn't good.
That board shouldn't be capable of sustaining that cpu's turbo boosts for long, if it can at all. The VRMs will be exhausted at some point, and you'll need a new motherboard.
9900K(S) more or less demands Z370/390 to avoid VRM power throttling.

Psu isn't a strong choice considering the gpu. Falls under Tier D:
It's the reason for the suggestion in point 2. Ideally should be using something from Tier A with that gpu.

Reactions: Qrocks
Solution
Oct 9, 2021

Test games.

"Intel Core i9-9900ks 5.0GHz + MSI H310M GAMING PLUS"
This combination isn't good.
That board shouldn't be capable of sustaining that cpu's turbo boosts for long, if it can at all. The VRMs will be exhausted at some point, and you'll need a new motherboard.
9900K(S) more or less demands Z370/390 to avoid VRM power throttling.

Psu isn't a strong choice considering the gpu. Falls under Tier D:
It's the reason for the suggestion in point 2. Ideally should be using something from Tier A with that gpu.
Thank you so much!! My buddy actually referred me to Afterburner, I just installed it maybe 20 minutes ago and have yet to test it, I wasn't aware of the motherboard issue though! I've noticed my computer has always been rather below average of people with similar specs, I'm assuming upgrading my motherboard could not only fix this solution but potentially keep it going for the longer term, just did some research on the Z390 and it seems to be a great pick to upgrade to. As far as the psu I'm looking at the LEPA MaxPlatinum 1050W as it's price recently came down drastically. It's all a learning experience for me so I really appreciate that info and the help! :)

One thing I can never recommend enough to people is buying a GOOD power supply. So many times theres been cases of subpar units just giving out and at times causing system damage in the process. Personally I'd splurge a tad more on a decent make/model (big seasonic fan) especially if you have more power hungry components in your system.

Reactions: Qrocks
Oct 9, 2021
One thing I can never recommend enough to people is buying a GOOD power supply. So many times theres been cases of subpar units just giving out and at times causing system damage in the process. Personally I'd splurge a tad more on a decent make/model (big seasonic fan) especially if you have more power hungry components in your system.
Do you think that LEPA MaxPlatinum 1050W is a good one? I've been browsing around- as far as my budget I'd like to upgrade to something that's most cost efficient while maintaining quality, the reviews I've read seemed great, also want to be somewhat cost efficient since I'll be getting a decent enough motherboard (looking at the Z390 as recommended). Thank you for your help again!