[SOLVED] Black Screen after installing new RAM and now with old RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
Hello, I tried installing new RAM (DDR4-2666 CL19-19-19-43 1.20v 8Gx2 Plug and play) in order to fix a boot loop which seemed to cause a black screen upon startup after taking out my x2 8GB PC4-19200 DDR4 2400MHz RAM sticks (one of which was causing the boot loop). After putting my good ram stick back in my PC it's having the same issue as it was with the other sticks where the screen is black while my PC is running. My motherboard is the B250M BAZOOKA.

Solution
No, I wasn't. Just now I tried taking out the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and then putting it back in which apparently would reset the BIOS but there's still a black screen upon startup.
Yes and no did you have the pc unplugged? And did you hold the power button x2 for 30s.
Hello, I tried installing new RAM (DDR4-2666 CL19-19-19-43 1.20v 8Gx2 Plug and play) in order to fix a boot loop which seemed to cause a black screen upon startup after taking out my x2 8GB PC4-19200 DDR4 2400MHz RAM sticks (one of which was causing the boot loop). After putting my good ram stick back in my PC it's having the same issue as it was with the other sticks where the screen is black while my PC is running. My motherboard is the B250M BAZOOKA.
Are you clearing your bios between each ram swap? Because right now, it's trying to figure out whether or not it's running between two different sets of ram sticks.

Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
Are you clearing your bios between each ram swap? Because right now, it's trying to figure out whether or not it's running between two different sets of ram sticks.

No, I wasn't. Just now I tried taking out the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and then putting it back in which apparently would reset the BIOS but there's still a black screen upon startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.