My specs
I7 7700k
16gb vengeance ddr4
Evga Gtx1080
Msi z270-a pro motherboard
Evga supernova g3 550watt powersupply
Samsung ssd 500gb
Crucial mx500 ssd 500gb

I've reset my pc 3 times over the past 2 weeks over various issues from windows system files curruption and Bad install of windows updates. This caused my system to bsod, black screen and boot loop. The possible causes or so I thought:

Virus
Mcaffee Antivirus software interfering with system.
Bad updates/installs
Bad ssd
Bad ram
Bad GPU
Out of date bios
Out of date ssd firmware

I've ran various checks from visual inspection of my hardware (checking cables, unmounting hardware) to software checks such as ram checker, ssd firmware, I updated bios. I have genuinely no idea what to do now.

On 18/04/2020 I performed a clean install of windows pro x64 on the system using a USB bootable. I updated all drivers and win10 updates via checking updates. I install some programs such as nvidia experience, steam, firefox having no issues. I then installed two games which went okay too. I did restart my pc after updates and everything was alright I ran virus scans and EEK and everything was fine. I watched YouTube surfed the web and everything seemed okay. But after a while i had a black screen event and it restarted. I check reliability report am showing a memory-file-curruption-one-bit. I found that this could be due to virtual memory which reccomended I disable it so I did. The problem still persists and is happening more often now.

I'm unsure what to do anymore I need some help this is driving me insane, the system is only 2 and a half years old and I've never had any issue like this. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

Solution
My specs
I7 7700k
16gb vengeance ddr4
Evga Gtx1080
Samsung ssd 500gb
Crucial mx500 ssd 500gb

I've reset my pc 3 times over the past 2 weeks over various issues from windows system files curruption and Bad install of windows updates. This caused my system to bsod, black screen and boot loop. The possible causes or so I thought:

Virus
Bad updates/installs
Bad ssd
Bad ram
Bad GPU
Out of date bios
Out of date ssd firmware

I've ran various checks from visual inspection of my hardware (checking cables, unmounting hardware) to software checks such as ram checker, ssd firmware, I updated bios. I have genuinely no idea...

Bassplate

Reputable
My specs
I7 7700k
16gb vengeance ddr4
Evga Gtx1080
Samsung ssd 500gb
Crucial mx500 ssd 500gb

Virus
Bad updates/installs
Bad ssd
Bad ram
Bad GPU
Out of date bios
Out of date ssd firmware

I've ran various checks from visual inspection of my hardware (checking cables, unmounting hardware) to software checks such as ram checker, ssd firmware, I updated bios. I have genuinely no idea what to do now.

On 18/04/2020 I performed a clean install of windows pro x64 on the system using a USB bootable. I updated all drivers and win10 updates via checking updates. I install some programs such as nvidia experience, steam, firefox having no issues. I then installed two games which went okay too. I did restart my pc after updates and everything was alright I ran virus scans and EEK and everything was fine. I watched YouTube surfed the web and everything seemed okay. But after a while i had a black screen event and it restarted. I check reliability report am showing a memory-file-curruption-one-bit. I found that this could be due to virtual memory which reccomended I disable it so I did. The problem still persists and is happening more often now.

I'm unsure what to do anymore I need some help this is driving me insane, the system is only 2 and a half years old and I've never had any issue like this. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you
Hi there... :benetton:
I had the exact same issue months back and all i did was i replaced my RAM sticks because it got me so frustrated that i wanted to destroy my PC.
So i had (2x8GB)Ram sticks and i disconnected only one RAM stick...so the Situation seems to be gone but when i reconnect the other RAM stick the situation appears again.
So i bought a new RAM stick and its still working....So i would suggest maybe try to use one RAM stick at a time to see if the situation is gone or maybe Replace your RAM.

Reactions: harl216
Solution