[SOLVED] Black Screen Blinking Cursor - Unable to boot Windows 10 install from USB to M.2 NVME SSD

Dec 23, 2019
So, after having trawled the net and these forums for awhile, I've concluded that I can't figure it out.

I've put together a new build and I'm trying to do a fresh install with Windows 10 from a USB drive. I've extracted the contents of the ISO downloaded from Microsoft to the USB (the November 2019 version), not via Media Creation Tool or Bootcamp Assistant (I get a not enough space error regardless of how the drive is formatted)

When I try to boot from the USB stick - which is recognized by my BIOS - I get a blank black screen with a blinking cursor.

My SSD is recognized in my BIOS.

I've tried with CSM disabled and enabled. No luck.

No luck with forcing it to boot from the drive.

So I figured I needed to format the USB stick with the Media Creation Tool. I began installing a Bootcamp on my Macbook to be able to access the tool via Microsofts site. But funny enough, the same blank screen with a blinking cursor appears after the partitioning is done. This might point the issue to the stick? Should I give it another go with the creation tool from a PC running windows? Or is there a workaround?

Help guys!

CPU - i7 9700kf
MB - Aorus z390 pro wifi,
GPU - rtx 2070 mini oc
DRIVE - Samsung NVME M.2

Solution
Try to blank/reformat your USB or use another; if you can not create a USB installer from the MS Media Creation tool, than there is an issue with the USB that is likely causing your issue.
Dec 23, 2019
Try to blank/reformat your USB or use another; if you can not create a USB installer from the MS Media Creation tool, than there is an issue with the USB that is likely causing your issue.

It was simply due to the fact, that there is no workaround for creating a bootable USB with Windows 10. I succeeded after using the Media Creation tool.