[SOLVED] Black screen on bootup ?

Sep 29, 2021
HI,

Firstly let me start by saying im not the most technical when it comes to PC's, secondly thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully helping resolve my issue!

PC in question.

MB - MSI Z77A - G45
GPU - GTX 970
CPU - i5 3570k
RAM - Corsair Vengance x4 4gb 1600 mhz
PSU - Corsair CX600
old SSD - Samsung evo QVO 870
new SSD- WD BLUE 1tb
monitor uses hdmi ports.

The problem:

I recently purchased a new PC and transferred the SSD from my old PC to the new one, this worked no problem.

I then bought a new SSD (WD Blue) and tried to install it onto the rig listed above.

The problem i am having is that when booting the PC i just get a black screen on the monitor and sometimes a message saying no signal detected. I can see that everything is receiving power, the GPU and its fans light up and start spinning, same for the CPU.

i was expecting to be able to get onto the BIOS so that i can adjust the load boot-device order and start installing windows onto the new SSD.

So far i have tried:

• Checking for loose connections
  • Re-seating CPU, GPU and RAM
  • Booting with no peripherals connected
  • Connected 2 different monitors including another HMDI and a VGA monitor.
  • Removing the CMOS battery for 10 mins before rebooting
I'm currently all out of ideas and would appreciate any advice anyone can give.

Solution
yup i did that
The problem with doing that is the operating system on the drive you transferred is expecting the old hardware.
Do a clean Windows install with just one drive connected.
Don't add any other drives.....
Power up and go to the BIOS and make sure the drive you just installed Windows to is recognized and is at the top of the boot order.
Then boot to the drive you installed Windows on and makes sure it works.
Then......power down and add the other drives.
yup i did that
The problem with doing that is the operating system on the drive you transferred is expecting the old hardware.
Power up and go to the BIOS and make sure the drive you just installed Windows to is recognized and is at the top of the boot order.

Solution
Sep 29, 2021
So yeah on my new PC i lifted the SSD from my older computer.

my new computer works fine, i had to reinstall windows like you said.

The problem above relates too my old PC... i bought a new cheaper SSD to replace the one i took from it to go into my new PC.

Sorry if the intial post was not clear on that.